PDA

View Full Version : winters/falcon belhousing

JAMESGANGRACING
06-21-2012, 03:24 PM
will a bert flywheel work with a winters belhousing ?

andy16
06-21-2012, 04:57 PM
yes i didn install it personally but a friend in same town as me has a lm and we visit each other alot he is using it i think he said he had to add a few shims. i could ask him this weekend or call him if you need to know like right now? h using all bert stuff except bell.

JAMESGANGRACING
06-21-2012, 07:46 PM
i just picked up a falcon bellhousing and have the other bert stuff just wondered if would work before i tried putting it together

andy16
06-21-2012, 08:38 PM
i will say that w the falcon stuff if you do buy a fly wheel thay have a 1 piece one and a welded one. ive had trouble w the welded ones being out of round. i sent it back to falcon and they sent me the new style one so look for that if u do go w falcon stuff.

wishiwasfast
06-22-2012, 09:36 PM
will a bert flywheel work with a winters belhousing ?

Yes, BERT f/w with Falcon bell is OK. Brinn flywheel won't work with Falcon bell because of the O/D, it hits the idler support.

smirk
06-23-2012, 11:48 PM
May have to oblong the holes in your starter...depending what brand starter you run. Seems like the bottom hole lines up but the top is off just a fuzz. I bought a brand new falcon bell and my starter wouldnt bolt up...i needed a new starter anyways so i bought the falcon starter it came w oblong mounting holes. I had a powermaster starter. I use bert coupler and flywheel w mine w no issues. Goodluck nice piece.