PDA

View Full Version : Dirt works questions

kid26jr
06-22-2012, 01:35 AM
I am about to get a dirt works car and I've never raced or owned a mod ever. Is there anything I should do special to get the car to run good at west plains motor speedway or should I just trial and error? Any special set ups I should run at Malden speedway either?

racin6mod
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
if you want help from dirt works you need to go on ther face book page.I think it's the only way to get an answer from gary.my brother has a dw9 and the cars are not to hard to adjust but with the short bars his has 12'' lowers and 14'' upper link bars it is touchy.

imca90
07-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Good luck is all i can say. I posted about if they had a contact number and they just deleted my comment. There are alot of mod builders out there and if you are looking to get into one and get hit and miss help. Dirt works is your car.

oldtrackchamp4x
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Go to "racegang.com". You will probably have to setup a login and password. Click on "Tool Box" located at top right of page, scroll down to setup sheets. Dirt Works and many others are listed there. If you need more help i think i might still have some of my old setup sheets i could look over for you for any specific problems you may have. Good Luck.

racin6mod
07-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I am about to get a dirt works car and I've never raced or owned a mod ever. Is there anything I should do special to get the car to run good at west plains motor speedway or should I just trial and error? Any special set ups I should run at Malden speedway either?

they are good well built cars it's just the tech help that sucks my brother has one and I've tried for two weeks to find out about their fabricated drag link he got cot up in a wreck and bent the one on his car.I ended up building hi a new one based of their design.

his basic set up is 750#lf-650# rf 200# lr 175#rr. 3-5 lf,75 rf 8-2 lr,94 rr 1 inch stagger front and 4 inches rear j bar at pinion center and 5 inches up on frame. carries lf about 3 inches to middle of straights

52.5 ls,57 rear cross 53 had to mount a little lead but not much

rh 5 lf 5 1/4 rf 5 1/4 lr and 5 1/2 rr front is checked at the body mount hole in the frame rear is checked at the lower bar mounts bottom of the chassis.you'll need to see the diagram for that it's not very clear.