PDA

View Full Version : Klint Byars Enjoys Success at Eldora; JMS On Tap Saturday

Ben Shelton
06-22-2012, 09:53 AM
For Immediate Release
June 22nd, 2012

Klint Byars Enjoys Success at Eldora; JMS On Tap This Weekend

Calhoun City, Mississippi (06/22/12) –Klint Byars was last in action two weeks ago in his #5 Southern Belle/K&K Motorsports/Victory Circle M1 Chassis By Moyer/Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens Racing Engine Super Late Model in the 18th Annual Dream 100, and he came away with a respectable performance in the crown jewel.

K&K Motorsports made the trip to Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) on June 8th-9th for the 18th Annual Dream 100 as Klint entered his second, career event at the famed, 1/2 mile oval. With a $100,000 top prize on the line a talented field of ninety-eight competitors filled the pit area, and Byars began his weekend by qualifying seventh fastest to earn the second starting spot for the first heat with Jimmy Owens joining him on the front row. As the heat race went green on Saturday night Byars bolted to the lead, and led the entire fifteen laps to claim the heat win, which locked him into the sixth starting spot for the 100 lap finale. In the feature, which came in front of a massive crowd, Klint would race in the top ten early in the event before the handle began to go away on his mount. He would ultimately slip to an 18th place finish at the checkered flag.

Despite not getting the finish he wanted, Byars was very proud of his team and their weekend performance.

"To go to that place and turn 100 laps is a big deal. I learned a lot about the place, and I can't wait to go back in September for the World 100. I'm really proud of my team, and how hard they worked all weekend," commented Byars.

Full results are available at www.EldoraSpeedway.com.

This weekend Klint will enter a single event as he travels Jackson Motor Speedway (Byram, Mississippi) for the $2,500-to-win, Country Pleasin' Sausage 50. For more information on the event, please visit www.JacksonMotorSpeedway.net .

K&K Motorsports would like to thank its sponsors including Southern Belle, Byars Motorsports, Jay (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens Racing Engines, Kirk Auto Company, Schaeffer's Specialized Lubricants, Sivesind Racing Shocks, Hoosier Race Tires South, K&K Quik Stop, Lovorn & Lovorn Trucking, Victory Circle M1 Chassis By Moyer, Base Race Fuels, Bona-Fide Southern, X-Treme Graphics By J-Rod, & MSRMafia.com .

For the latest Klint Byars and K&K Motorsports information, please visit www.KlintByars.com .