PDA

View Full Version : Stringing the rear end in square

jfleming
06-23-2012, 10:53 AM
When stringing the reare end on a pierce car what side tires should be in line? right sides or left sides. This is an attempt to check that I have the reare end in square. I know some say this works well, just a little difficult. Also I know to look at the bottom rods and shock angels aswell. Also wondering if anyone has any good reference numbers on the panhard bar lenght along with the front to back number from the square tube to the axle housing center. THis is a old 05 clamp car.

tbaileyjr
06-23-2012, 11:33 AM
The rule of thumb is string left sides for dirt cars and right side for asphalt cars

jsf74
06-23-2012, 01:05 PM
I string on the left side square.

jfleming
06-23-2012, 01:51 PM
any tips on how you guys are strining the car.....It seems as you could keep turning the front wheel and make the string touch. I guess if the wheel is straight and you can do that I must be really close...

jsf74
06-24-2012, 02:07 PM
You first need to square steering according to the steering box and pitman arm. Then once the steering is square set up front tire off string square to rear tire. Then set toe. Make sure the steering wheel dosent move during any of the adjustments.