PDA

View Full Version : Place to get grt spindle'S ?????

racer21
06-24-2012, 08:46 AM
looking for a place to get a lf grt spindal and late model parts in general,is therer a place out there that has a catalog such as day, speedway,performance bodies none of
these guys have them,and i know some one will say call grt well its like this i've called them several several times since augest 11 and have yet to talk to someone other than the
ladie that answers the phone they will allways call me back so before i spend and money with these folks i'll cut it up!! Thanks

tbaileyjr
06-24-2012, 09:20 AM
http://www.ppmracingproducts.com/

TeamGRT12x
06-24-2012, 07:32 PM
You have to be smarter than the phone, and ask for Joe or Jack Sullivan. The lady that answers the phone can't help you.

racer21
06-24-2012, 07:52 PM
I do i always ask for someone on the teck end of the latemodel stuff,she say"s (joe's on the other line can i have him call you back or would you like to hold and it may be awhile)
Any other suggestions there GRT???
I bet if i was ordering a new car or needing one clipped,he wouldnt be on the phone!! But that will NEVER be the case!!

sobe92
06-24-2012, 10:07 PM
twm, afco, port city all carry grt spindles if you know what one you need

2rs
06-24-2012, 10:08 PM
I do i always ask for someone on the teck end of the latemodel stuff,she say"s (joe's on the other line can i have him call you back or would you like to hold and it may be awhile)
Any other suggestions there GRT???
I bet if i was ordering a new car or needing one clipped,he wouldnt be on the phone!! But that will NEVER be the case!!

Well im a no name in racing and everytime i've called down there i've never had a problem getting ahold of joe or jack and always willing to help with what i needed and get me going.

FlatTire
06-25-2012, 09:29 AM
I'd recommend TWM.

sj valley dave
06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
For years TWM made the spindles for GRT and I, like 2rs, have never had a problem getting hold of someone at GRT...strange..

sobe92
06-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Joe always bent over backwords to help us over the years and we are not a major team just a local/regional team. I'm sure if they could clone joe a few times he could always catch everyone's calls and help everyone at every track. tough job for just one man to do but they are working hard to get those G-12s going.

shoot em an email I'm sure Katie can get you hooked up.

steelhead
06-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Contact Jeff Smith @ J&J race cars, He has one of there jigs to do repair work and he know which spindles that will work and what won't. here is his info, if all else fails i can get you his cell phone but that is last resort and he might not be too happy to give out his personal number:

Owner / Operator: Jeff Smith
J&J Race Cars, Inc.
3555 Fairview Drive
Gastonia, NC. 28052
PHONE: (704) 629-1170
FAX: (704) 629-1172
Hope this helps you, He re clipped(front and back) our GRT a couple years a go and he got us everything we needed to get the car back on the track.
There is also another chassis guy by the name of Billy Cagle of Cagle Racing Performance and Automotive: 8340 Garners Ferry Rd # B Hopkins, SC 29061
(803) 783-3217
Tell Billy that Williams racing told you to call, he use to have alot of GRT parts on hands because he use to prepare Ed Gibbons cars for him and we purchased one of Ed's GRTs so they had plenty of parts for it back then. Hope this gets you going on the right way. I can ask my brother tomorrow if he still has any of the GRT parts left since we are backed by Mastersbilt now and my of sold all of the GRT stuff and he might be able to tell me where you can obtained some new parts.

Steelhead

racin6mod
06-27-2012, 05:49 PM
if you can weld I have a jig for lm spindles and a few parts to weld up. this is a solid jig designed and built here at my bussiness if interested I could post some photos.

CC-28
06-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Im nobody and have an 02 and they have been great to deal with.

racer21
06-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys for the replys,i contacted frye today and got the stuff i needed coming,thanks again