PDA

View Full Version : mechanical alky pump regulator ???

buzz51
06-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Ok need some help please. we run a mechanical pump off the cam.....pump works fine....but wondering what regulators most are using with this setup...tried the willys vacuum style with limited success...tried BG two stage but really all is does is control the max and it does not help at idle I realize the BG deal is really made for belt drive pumps....so I am wondering which one works best with mech pump. thanks

dirttrackrocker
06-25-2012, 09:59 AM
I used the same one I now use for my Belt drive. The BG bypass/ regulator. It goes at the back of the fuel log. Uses a standard Holley Jet to control idle and a diaphragm for the WOT setting. Lots of guys using this set up.

JustAddDirt
06-29-2012, 01:42 PM
I run a kinsler sprint car bypass pill.
Looks a air chuck on your air compressor.
has a spring, and a pill. will get you to about 7psi.

used this for years, on gas and alky. all I have replaced is an o ring to seal it. VERY reliable, and goes on back of fuel log, and returns bypassed fuel to tank

willyj
06-29-2012, 04:10 PM
I run a kinsler sprint car bypass pill.
Looks a air chuck on your air compressor.
has a spring, and a pill. will get you to about 7psi.

used this for years, on gas and alky. all I have replaced is an o ring to seal it. VERY reliable, and goes on back of fuel log, and returns bypassed fuel to tank

yep it works good. Enderle also has a similar piece. We run gas idles bout 5.5 wot is bout 7.5 or so.