PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown Races to Second USMTS Triumph of 2012

Ben Shelton
06-26-2012, 02:33 PM
For Immediate Release
June 26th, 2012

Chris Brown Races to Second USMTS Triumph of 2012

Spring, Texas (06/26/12) – After almost three weeks away from the track Chris Brown resumed his 2012 campaign over the weekend with a Casey's USMTS doubleheader in Kansas and Missouri as a pair of $4,000-to-win events were contested. It would prove to be a great outing for Brown as he piloted his #21 Lone Star Hydro & Maintenance/Skyrocket/Roush Yates Racing Engine Open Wheel Modified to his second win of the 2012 season.

The weekend began on Friday night at Humboldt Speedway (Humboldt, Kansas) as forty-one drivers registered for battle at the 3/8 mile oval. Brown began his night by advancing from the fifth starting spot in his heat race to a fourth place finish, which left him short of locking into the feature. As a result, he was forced to run a b-main. With the top seven cars moving onto the 40 lap feature, Chris finished in the third spot to lock into the seventeenth starting spot. In the main event he advanced ten spots on his way to a seventh place finish at the checkered flag.

On Saturday night the tour rolled into the tight confines of Valley Speedway (Grain Valley, Missouri) for another $4,000-to-win event as thirty-eight competitors filled the pit area. Chris began his night by powering to the win in the first heat race to lock into the redraw for the feature. In the redraw he was the recipient of the pole starting spot with Jason Hughes joining him on the front row. As the 50 lap feature went green, Brown inched ahead to the lead with Hughes alongside him. During the early laps Chris would fend away the advances of Hughes as Stormy Scott and Terry Phillips joined the fray. As the race progressed Hughes dropped back as Scott and Phillips applied heavy pressure for the lead. In heavy lap traffic on the final lap Brown would edge Scott by a tenth of a second to claim his second USMTS win of the 2012 campaign. Scott, Phillips, Rodney Sanders, and Ryan Gustin rounded out the top five.

“It was a great race and a great race track,” Brown said in victory lane. “I wish I could have seen what was going on behind me because it had to be one heck of a race. I can't thank my sponsors, my team, and fans enough for their support."

Full results from both events as well as the latest series' standings are available at www.USMTS.com .

Chris has little time to enjoy his win as he now turns his focus to five races in a roll with the Casey's USMTS, which will be held on June 26th-June 30th. The action opens on Tuesday night at Mineral City Speedway (Fort Dodge, Iowa) before moving onto Deer Creek Speedway (Spring Valley, Minnesota on Wednesday, and Fairmont Raceway (Fairmont, Minnesota) on Thursday. The weekend will be highlighted by at Highway 3 Raceway (Allison, Iowa) and Upper Iowa Speedway (Decorah, Iowa). Tuesday's event will be a $2,000-to-win, Casey's Cup Qualifier, while the remainder of the week's events will be $4,000-to-win, Casey's USMTS National events. For more information on the events, please visit www.USMTS.com.

Chris Brown would like to thank all of his sponsors including Delta Flange & Manufacturing, Lone Star Hydro & Maintenance, Shryock Racing Components, Motul, Hoosier Racing Tires, VP Racing Fuels, Team Zero by Bloomquist, Smiley's Racing Products, Quarter Master, Bell, Simpson Race Products, Mason Racin' Inc., Ohlins Advanced Suspension Technology, Hyperco, Roush Yates Racing Engines, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

Chris Brown is always looking for new sponsors and marketing partners. For more information on joining the team, please visit www.ChrisBrown21.com .

For the latest information on Chris Brown, please visit www.ChrisBrown21.com .