PDA

View Full Version : chain eliminator

jfleming
06-28-2012, 07:37 PM
What characteristics would one expect to feel from shortening or lengthening the chain eliminator on the left rear? How do is effect the right front?

clm15
06-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Get this months Magizine, Dirt Modified! Mark Bush Gets into detail,with deg Bar angles to set your chain too.

Shaw02
06-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Tighten the chain up on the LR when you jack it up underneath the 4 link bracket to where the top LR bar is 35-38 for tacky tracks. Loosen the chain for dry slick when the top LR is indexed at 42-44 degrees. Hope this helps

Shaw02
06-28-2012, 09:00 PM
For dry when you loosen the chain up on the LR, you will get more hike and drive up off the LR which should allow it to roll over harder onto the RF.

johnny v
06-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Tighten the chain up on the LR when you jack it up underneath the 4 link bracket to where the top LR bar is 35-38 for tacky tracks. Loosen the chain for dry slick when the top LR is indexed at 42-44 degrees. Hope this helps

I don't know if I agree with all of this........

I watched some of the big dogs from Usmts down here at ArkLaTex speedways $10000 to win race and some of those guys were not all hiked up on the LR...... they were limiting hike in the slick, it looked like to me....
taking the loose roll steer out......

johnny v
06-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Get this months Magizine, Dirt Modified! Mark Bush Gets into detail,with deg Bar angles to set your chain too.

yeah, a new Mark Bush article will keep me busy for a while...... they are easy to read.... but you have to really THINK to get all of it..... makes me wish I had listened better in Math and Geometry classes while in school.... :-)