PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on slowing down pull bar, under decel?

FLYNBRYAN
07-03-2012, 10:11 AM
We use a 37 to 42" long pullbar, 4 bisquit , currently mounted at 28 deg downhill,
12 to 14" above the CL of the rear and slightly behind the CL.
Car is really good on fwd bite, but under decel with all that leverage , the car get off the bars real quick (also it get on the bars quick)
The car handles great, no real loose condition on entry
Thinking of limiting or dampening the decel ??
This is a 4 bar car on dirt.

FLYNBRYAN
07-03-2012, 09:15 PM
90/10 shock in front or nylon limiter strap on the back?

johnny v
07-03-2012, 10:30 PM
We use a 37 to 42" long pullbar, 4 bisquit , currently mounted at 28 deg downhill,
12 to 14" above the CL of the rear and slightly behind the CL.
Car is really good on fwd bite, but under decel with all that leverage , the car get off the bars real quick (also it get on the bars quick)
The car handles great, no real loose condition on entry
Thinking of limiting or dampening the decel ??
This is a 4 bar car on dirt.

Sounds like a problem everyone would love to have.....everything is good , but I want to work on something.... :-) so If it was me.....
I would talk to my shock guy and work on the LR shock.... and tell my driver not to dump out of the gas so fast....

FLYNBRYAN
07-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Your are right about the loose nut behind the wheel, especially when its the guy asking the question, alittle throttle control wouldn't hurt.
The lr shock is a 2080 bilstien (stiffer on comp)

FLYNBRYAN
07-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Sounds like a problem everyone would love to have.....everything is good , but I want to work on something.... :-) so If it was me.....
I would talk to my shock guy and work on the LR shock.... and tell my driver not to dump out of the gas so fast....

Don't have a shock guy, but i'm guessing more compession, or no bleeds