PDA

View Full Version : Hughes chassis questions

carney725
07-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Does anyone have any setup stuff for a Hughes? It's chassis number 0204, not getting a whole lot of help/response out of Hughes and just looking for some starting points. Bought a frame and body, so lookin for control arm lengths, spring, shocks, etc.

Thanks

31KMOD
07-06-2012, 09:43 PM
try getting ahold of Jacob Dahle out of Nebraska (Facebook), he has had a couple of Hughes

cheaterleaddog
07-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Does anyone have any setup stuff for a Hughes? It's chassis number 0204, not getting a whole lot of help/response out of Hughes and just looking for some starting points. Bought a frame and body, so lookin for control arm lengths, spring, shocks, etc.

ThanksI know a team that switched to a Hughes and they were told have to learn to set up a car some time. No help from him.

Ferrell26
07-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I switched from a shaw by Taylor to a Hughes this year.. They have helped me more than anyone ever has. Can call and talk to jason or Brian anytime, always take time to answer any questions I have & explain why they say I need to do it that way. And it's not a new car it's a 08. My opinion you couldn't ask for better tech support. Just my two cents.

powerslide
07-08-2012, 09:04 PM
I switched from a shaw by Taylor to a Hughes this year.. They have helped me more than anyone ever has. Can call and talk to jason or Brian anytime, always take time to answer any questions I have & explain why they say I need to do it that way. And it's not a new car it's a 08. My opinion you couldn't ask for better tech support. Just my two cents.

i think you are the exception. Majority get told to kick rocks if they dont have the newest style car.

carney725
07-09-2012, 11:59 PM
This is what Ive heard. I havent ever been able to get ahold of anyone at the shop. Im just looking for basic stuff...just a starting point like ride heights, shocks etc. I also need to buy some upper control arms real bad
as my car didnt come with any and I believe they are fabricated by them in house. I really like the looks of this car, just wish is wasnt a bare chassis. Also with it being and 04 I dont think Ill get alot of help from what Ive
been hearing from others. Also owner misinformed me, not sure where he came up with 0204 but the chassis number is H75.

mod 88
07-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Carney,
Check your PM. I ran H57 for a few years and can give you all the insights. In fact, I still have the original setup sheet for it in my shop.