PDA

View Full Version : chassis

2rs
07-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm thinking about getting a new car and wanted to see what you guys on here thought was the the better car out there to run. Thanks for input on this just seems theres alot of good cars right now but which one is better all around.

dualdj1
07-06-2012, 03:29 PM
what're you running now, what kind of track do you race on, what're the other guys in your area winnin with, etc etc etc. Details get answers

zeroracing
07-06-2012, 03:34 PM
You will get 27 different answers. I like Swartz, feel they are a great car, well built, honest, safe, call Kyle breck he is a dealer in this area that can prep one for you, or call Audie direct 740-820-2341. I like the way he builds a car, they are strong and well built. Also not the same as every other car, so can afford you to have an edge. I prefer to have a car in the minority, one or two in the field, not 50% of the field.

Many like rockets, or shaw, or get or.... Just don't get a Rayburn, in this area you will have a tough go to make much success with one.

One trend is to get a stuckeys or wolf pack, pay more for a better prepped car. That may be your best option, costly but good. Victory circle is becoming popular in this area with stovall and looney, seem very good so may be another option.

latemodel86
07-06-2012, 08:33 PM
A friend of mine bought a Swartz a few yrs back. I will admit, it is a very nice car and have a few differences in them than most cars. But, here in the South, they aren't popular and that car never really did well. But, I heard that they are really good up in the Ohio area. See what's winning around in your area...but to be honest, in my opinion, it doesn't matter how new, nice or what that car is; it's all about tires, shocks, and a driver that knows what's going on. If you get a car with these 3 things right on it, you're good to go. JMO Good luck with your new car and hope it brings you success!

2rs
07-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Right now i run a grt, run more with MLRA but looking to start running alot of the lucas stuff next year and learning how to run bigger stuff so thats why im looking for a car that is all around good instead of just here in the midwest, i had swartz cars in the past and not going to say nothing bad about them but dont feel thats the car for what im going to do.

dirty white boy
07-06-2012, 10:54 PM
if your in south east red mudd,..hard to beat a BWRC...grt an masterbuilt duin good in south east too

andy16
07-06-2012, 11:12 PM
well if i was a millionaire lol i think id get the grt chrome moly chassis and have it fully tig welded and instead of painting the chassis id have it gun blued lol. i know i know its out there but hey its my dream :)

2rs
07-07-2012, 12:15 AM
well if i was a millionaire lol i think id get the grt chrome moly chassis and have it fully tig welded and instead of painting the chassis id have it gun blued lol. i know i know its out there but hey its my dream :) Thats a nice dream and i take it your not a millionaire , nor am i so thats why im having to keep it real.lol

talclipse
07-07-2012, 08:31 AM
If you have limited resources and are going to be going to a lot of unfamiliar tracks running a series next season I would recommend getting setup with a chassis manufacturer that has a strong presence in the series you are anticipating running. This way you can get more technical support at some of these new and different tracks. It also gives you the opportunity to have parts available at the track.

With that said we really like our rocket stuff and have never had any trouble getting information from the guys in Shinnston or from Tim Logan Racing. I realize rocket's stock isn't quite what it has been in the past; but, I think they still build an excellent mouse trap that works at a wide variety of tracks. I am also a big fan of the Barry Wright race cars; but, they are geographically challenged to me and up until the last two years have not had a presence at all in my area.

andy16
07-08-2012, 09:41 PM
in the real world i have to agree w ec... rocket would be what i would choose based on the fact that there is so much info about them. peace of mind that its not the car is pretty important to me. if you go by what they suggest and your a decent driver your a top ten car out of the box i dont think it matters if its black blue/grey orange just follow there guidelines and should be ok.

2rs
07-08-2012, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=andy16;1556055]in the real world i have to agree w ec... rocket would be what i would choose based on the fact that there is so much info about them. peace of mind that its not the car is pretty important to me. if you go by what they suggest and your a decent driver your a top ten car out of the box i dont think it matters if its black blue/grey orange just follow there guidelines and should be ok.[/QUOTEThanks a million.

gottaluvdirtracin
07-09-2012, 05:29 PM
I would look at a new Mastersbilt or a BWRC think both can go out and be very fast right out the box... Then its up to you to take it to the next level

2rs
07-09-2012, 06:49 PM
[QUOTE=gottaluvdirtracin;1556361]I would look at a new Mastersbilt or a BWRC think both can go out and be very fast right out the box... Then its up to you to take it to the next level[/QUOTEThats what ive been think one of those two thanks.

dirty white boy
07-09-2012, 11:31 PM
davenport an francis been doing good in BRWC in lucas this season...barry always taking calls an give'in tech support!

Mod66x
07-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Not a thing wrong with the new Rayburn Revolution 114 chassis's.....

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Not a thing wrong with the new Rayburn Revolution 114 chassis's.....

The jury is still out. I have seen one run good, but it was the driver.