PDA

View Full Version : Tire Temperature/Wear

craigerdesigns
07-09-2012, 10:13 AM
We are burning off our Right Rear. I know we are off on the setup but the interesting thing is the inside and outside is much hotter than center and it is worn out on the outsides but not as much in the center. What would cause that? Only the right rear has this wear pattern all other tires are wearing more even. We run Hoosier H-40's. New to this tire but have to run it in this class. Stock metric frame stock mounts, stock rear end, all stock across back. Any ideas appreciated.

Dirt Knife
07-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Roll over hitting the wheel well?

Check the inner fender

If I use a 4" bead lock without 2 wheel spacers I'll blow the RR on mine.

Just a thought

craigerdesigns
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM
There doesn't seem to be any contact with any metal, but I will up the pressure 2 psi and see if that helps. Thank You all.

3dinter
07-10-2012, 08:45 AM
We are burning off our Right Rear. I know we are off on the setup but the interesting thing is the inside and outside is much hotter than center and it is worn out on the outsides but not as much in the center. What would cause that? Only the right rear has this wear pattern all other tires are wearing more even. We run Hoosier H-40's. New to this tire but have to run it in this class. Stock metric frame stock mounts, stock rear end, all stock across back. Any ideas appreciated.

Do you have to much weight on the r/r side ?
and i agree with the other poster sounds like you are down to low on air psi, we run hoosier f-40 and 2045 on a 8" rim with 2" or 3" offset. Depends on tire psi we might rub the frame just a lil due to rollout/rollover we run the r/r at about 10 to 12 psi, the rollout/rollover we look for is at the top of the hoosier white letters, we dont like no more than that, all stock in the front and rear, about 53% l/s and 52% rear

turner
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow 12 lbs on an e mod hoosier??We tried 14 and the beadlock ring digs into the dirt and throws dirt clods. We do have alot of weight hi so maybe thats it.

turner
07-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Ahh nevermind.I misread what tire u are running. LOL.

cvra
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm with Jeff on this one, psi is to low. It seems like the more adjustments we get the crazier everyone goes on adjustments when it's just an old school answer. Hey I get caught up in it at times :( Personally I'd be way more worried about adjusting for a fried RR than the few psi it's going to take to even out the temps acrossed a tire. Just my 2 cents worth.

craigerdesigns
07-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks. We were able to get it back on scales after that and found a lot of issues. We increased our psi on the rr from 12 to 15 psi and that seems to have helped. Car is now a rocket off the corner and rear tire temps are very close to same coming off the track. Thanks again.