PDA

View Full Version : Too much rr/panhard bar angle?

Rosenbluth
07-09-2012, 09:41 PM
I have a 04 5010 smack mastersbilt. Cant get forward bite after apex. Just wants to lite up th e tires and tail out. Seems like it gets on rr and doesnt want to come back to lr for corner exit. Running 55 rear, 54.8 left. Gas pop up in front on lr with 300 psi. 350 with 3/10 rf. 525 with 5/3 lf. 225 with 6/3 lr behind. 225 with 4/4 rr. 350 5th coil at 36in on arm. 4 bars are per masters sheets. Jbar 7 3/4 on frame, bottom notch on pinion. Thought you wanted it on rr, and up on the lr bars. wondering if I got it stuck on rr too much? Raise jbar at pinion? Do I try a straight panhard bar on it? Thx.d55 tire with crate motor.110 lbs bite.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Is driver breaking tires loose to turn on entry? I think it is a possibility. I think a looser entry would fix it.

Entering corner on gas? That would be common with a crate.

mmfan2008
07-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Had a Masters once had no forward drive check your drive shaft and see if its bottoming out at the back of the transmission

Rosenbluth
07-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I don't think I am breaking tires loose to turn. Seems like I get in nice and straight, start to power the corner, at first I get grip, then it like I hit a oil patch on the track and it juat hazes the tires. Usually on the throttle at entry. Will prob take some rr out and pay real close attention that I not making it loose myself. Will also check drive shaft. Thanks for the advice.

hall99
07-10-2012, 08:44 AM
I always had better luck with the smack cars running less j bar angle. Usually ran around 7 1/2 - 7 3/4 on the frame 3rd to 4th notch up on the pinion, lowering the roll center. Seems to let the springs do a little more work vs the j-bar. You might also look at dropping some gas pressure on your LRF shock and softening your 5th coil a little. Sounds like your getting instant traction but everything is happening at once and your loosing it before you get down the straight.

JMO - Hope it helps.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-10-2012, 08:48 AM
I always had better luck with the smack cars running less j bar angle. Usually ran around 7 1/2 - 7 3/4 on the frame 3rd to 4th notch up on the pinion, lowering the roll center. Seems to let the springs do a little more work vs the j-bar. You might also look at dropping some gas pressure on your LRF shock and softening your 5th coil a little. Sounds like your getting instant traction but everything is happening at once and your loosing it before you get down the straight.

JMO - Hope it helps.

I agree on J bar. That is why I thought he was probably tight.

hall99
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Yes probably so, I have the same problem sometimes in my Gen X the front end sticks so well I think I am fairly loose when actually I am tight in the back.

Rosenbluth
07-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Will try this stuff and see what happens.