PDA

View Full Version : Swing arm question

Kevin97
07-10-2012, 07:29 PM
I have an older GRT 3link with a swing arm on the lr running bmod class. Currently has spring on swing arm and shock behind rear end on the left, spring on top of rear end and shock behind on right. Wondering what would moving lr shock to the front with a coil over kit would do over all? First year in a mod so I have a lot to learn. Any other 3 link info would be great as well. Thanks!

dualdj1
07-11-2012, 09:29 AM
swingarm is generally more forgiving on rough/tacky tracks. but not quite as good on smooth/slick tracks. if you move spring off swingarm to axle, remember that you need to decrease your spring rate by aprox half.

PIERCE3J
07-11-2012, 02:34 PM
It will make changing the shock for different track conditions more difficult. Might also loosen up corner entry? Not sure what you are trying to do? I think I'd want spring and shock behind LR. Or at least spring in front of LR with shock behind. Just a thought?

racin6mod
07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
I would go swingarm both side if you can if you have a 9 inch rearend use a j-bar if you have a qc rearend go with the rayburn purle bar off the right side. a local lm guy is a smooth as he11 and won a ton of races at peoria il. area with his swingarm.

188bmod
07-25-2012, 07:30 PM
I run that same setup on my Xmod and I love it. We've messed with different shock pressures and found lower shock pressures worked better for us. We've won 4 shows and numerous 2ndstimes this year already. Jbar location is huge too with this setup. Gives the car alot of sidebite.