PDA

View Full Version : Help pull bar mount height

MQueen
07-11-2012, 11:25 AM
New to modifieds, I have a chassis with no data to go along with it. It is 4 bar 15" lowers 17" uppers. 15" strait panhard. LR behind RR in front. Will use approx a 22-25" long pull bar that I haven’t purchased yet. QC rear end. I have to fabricate a mounting bracket for the rear and need suggestions on how tall to make the mount and adjustment range up and down and location front to rear relative to the centerline of the tubes. Your help is appreciated.

washeduptoo
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Unless your just wanting to make your own brackets for the QC, several sell these with all the adjustments you would want. Hammond Motorsports on here sells them and most dirt track suppliers also have them. Some have the holes 12in above center line, a hole behind center and a hole in front of center, usually radius cut. Good luck.

dirttrackrocker
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Go with the Afco brackets that put the mount 12" above and 4" ahead of axle centerline. This way as the rear indexes back the bull bar is always gaining angle. The ones that are directly above centerline are actually losing angle as they rotate back.

racin6mod
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I built my own chassis and just about everything on it. this is one area I felt buying would be a better way to go I chose a qc bracket from kelly shryrock his rearend location and offset was the closest to my design. you need to think about how the rearend moves and rotates with the link bars and the pull bar/90/10 if you run one all this workes together. good luck if ther's anything I can do just drop me a pm.

hammond
07-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks washeduptoo. Check out my website www.hammondmotorsports.com . Our mounts have 28 holes letting go 2,3,4,5" in front of axle center line and can go to 16" over axle center line .The other trick thing is that if you where to change to a 9" Ford my mounts for them have the same pick up points .

MQueen
07-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Ok thanks, I was needing an idea on what most builders used. I have access to cnc equipment and like making what I can to save money. So I will go with 10-14" range in height and 0-4" from center foward.
Of course the frame mount is already in the car so if you had to give a standard starting angle what do you think that would be.

Flyin Iowan
07-13-2012, 06:31 AM
Not to steal the post but im at 10 1/2" above and 0" ahead. So i can gain some traction by raising and moving forward correct??

washeduptoo
07-13-2012, 07:05 AM
You might. You'll have more angle in bar to start with if you raise it and if you move it forward it can gain angle as the rear end thrust. Remember it can affect other things also. Good luck.

Flyin Iowan
07-13-2012, 09:43 AM
What other things we talking here?

washeduptoo
07-13-2012, 09:59 AM
More angle might cause a push or it being shorter might react too quick for you(unless you move front mount to keep same length). Things like that but its worth a shot. I would only try one at a time to know what it does. Good luck.

Flyin Iowan
07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
ok thanks. i figured that much, just didnt know if you meant problems with pinion movement or stuff like that.