PDA

View Full Version : springs

rcstreet1
07-11-2012, 04:24 PM
I have been runnin a stiffer right front then left front spring. but people have been saying i should run the stiffer sping on the left front and softer on the right front...any ideas

3dinter
07-12-2012, 02:37 PM
I have been runnin a stiffer right front then left front spring. but people have been saying i should run the stiffer sping on the left front and softer on the right front...any ideas

try flipping them around and see what you think, in reality its all up to you and how the car feels to you and how it drives for you. I did both ways and to me IMO i really couldnt tell the difference, that was with a 11"..1100, 1200, 1300 and 1000 lb springs flipped all kids of ways. I currently run a 1300 r/f and 1100 l/f. i bought a 900 for the r/f but never used it, my problem was weight placement in the rear, now since i got that correct my car runs like a dream to me, best its ever been since day one.

Ricky76
07-15-2012, 08:33 PM
I've been wanting to try this, but the ones who have tried it at the track where I race said it hurt them ? I think I'm going to just put a spring rubber in the left front and try it that way ? I think it may just depend on what kind of track you race on ?

Chico
07-17-2012, 11:52 PM
I always ran a stiffer RF never did like the feel of the car when I tried anything else it's all personal preference