PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hershey Returns to action thanks to Ernie Davis

prodirtcar32
07-11-2012, 06:35 PM
July 11, 2012

Tyler Hershey Returns to Track in an Ernie Davis Owned Steel Block Car.

Mercersburg, Pennsylvania’s Tyler Hershey returned to the speedway this past weekend in an Ernie Davis owned Rocket, equipped with a steel block motor. While his family owned team regroups, Tyler found himself sitting out the last month, just itching to get back on the track. Enter Ernie Davis; Ernie offered Hershey Racing the use of an older car he had sitting around his shop. Tyler eagerly accepted the generous offer and unloaded the plain white mount with a duct tape number 1 on the doors this past Saturday night at Virginia’s Winchester Speedway. After getting used to the car, Tyler finished 4th in his competitive heat race. Rolling off 10th on the grid in the feature, Tyler passed six competitors in the unlettered Ernie D’s Enterprises Rocket, to notch a fine 4th place finish.

“It was great to get behind the wheel again” said Tyler, Monday night from the Hershey Racing shop. “My whole family grew up in racing and it was a hard decision for everybody to take some time off. I never knew how tough it would be until I tried to go watch as a spectator. I did not like that at all” added Hershey with a laugh. “I am just so grateful for what Ernie & Connie have done, not just for me, but for this whole sport. To offer us a car with a motor to use, and tell me to go out, not worry about anything and treat his equipment like it is mine is just an amazing deal. I am really humbled by the gesture. Ernie Davis is a true ambassador for our sport” added the 21 year old.

In other news, Tyler Hershey Racing has made the hard decision to switch chassis manufacturers effective immediately. Tyler will no longer be running a Lazer Chassis, as he moves into the next phase of his career.

“It was an extremely hard decision” said Tyler when talking about leaving Lazer Chassis. “Jim Bernheisel took a chance and believed in me over 3 years ago and for that I am forever grateful. Jim’s attention to detail is second to none and we had some good runs in his cars. We just could not find the consistency I was comfortable with. I appreciate all of Jim’s help the past few years trying to find the feel I was looking for. I really enjoyed working with everyone at Bernheisel Race Cars and wish them nothing but the best in the future. I can’t thank all my sponsors and fans enough for all the support and encouragement they have given me during this transition time” stated Hershey.

Tyler will again be behind the wheel of the Ernie Davis owned Steel Block car at Winchester Speedway this Friday Night.

Keep up to date on all Tyler Hershey Racing news at the team’s official home on the web; www.tylerhershey.com

Tyler Hershey Racing would like to thank all the team’s sponsors:
Ernie D’s Enterprises, Hershey’s Racing Engines, JWP Environmental, Inc., ALH Bookkeeping & Business Services, KRS Motorsports Media, Ramsey’s Septic Service, Fred Design, 340 Defense with associate help from Keizer Wheels, VP Racing Fuels, HTMA, The Brake Man, Schaeffer Racing Oil, R2C Filters, Quarter Master, Bell Helmets, WIX Filters, Rod End Supply & SignDesign/Bill Funk.

Upcoming Races:
July 13th - Winchester Speedway - LLM

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media