PDA

View Full Version : Chassis

dirtdiggerracing
07-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Anybody got any feed back on killer chassis,viking chassis,or reveluion chassis !! Thinking bout getting a new car !! Theses are top 3 on my list !!

link bar
07-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Seems to me that the viking chassis isnt making much of an impact. i race around kentucky, indiana, tenn. and ohio and i havnt seen one at any tracks yet. the killer chassis's are struggling. i think i heard they won a race out west somewhere but around here they seem to miss alot of shows. and they only have about 2 cars around here. Both of the owners there have other jobs. this is just a hobby for them it seems. Revelution cars are making a huge impact not just in this area but on this side of the U.S. theyve won lucas heat races and several big paying shows in kentucky, tenn. georiga,and alabama. seems like everywhere you go they have cars in the top 5. But what i like more is i have seen is the chassis builder helping alot of local racers that have other types of chassis's also. Around here everyone seems to like the treatment and the attitudes at the revelution shop. Hope this helps

dirtdiggerracing
07-16-2012, 08:50 PM
ok thks for your reply

rocketdent
07-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Id go with whoever u can get tech support from. And other friends/drivers u can bounce notes ideas off of. That may or may not help. Just my past experience w top chassis.

ckyracer00
07-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Frank at Revel is top notch, I dont run one of his cars and he always answers any questions I have.

racedirt5m
07-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Frank at Revel is top notch, I dont run one of his cars and he always answers any questions I have.

I have a 2012 REVELution and couldnt agree more. Great tech support and always willing to help...

steward147
07-20-2012, 02:16 AM
Car has 2 race old winters quick change Harris birdcages tear drop fuel cell with flapper in the top new front end parts over the winter with 1 race on them twm low friction uppers with Howe ball joints tubular lowers with howe ball joints never wrecked bent or welded on.

missile07
07-23-2012, 01:16 PM
I know of one Killer chassis in our area and it seemed that he struggled for a while but once he got things lined out he has been bad fast. Won a couple of weeks ago by a straight away over some good cars in the slick. Just driver preference I think.

Fasteron4
01-27-2013, 01:43 AM
Anybody got any feed back on killer chassis,viking chassis,or reveluion chassis !! Thinking bout getting a new car !! Theses are top 3 on my list !!
Seems to me that the viking chassis isnt making much of an impact. i race around kentucky, indiana, tenn. and ohio and i havnt seen one at any tracks yet. the killer chassis's are struggling. i think i heard they won a race out west somewhere but around here they seem to miss alot of shows. and they only have about 2 cars around here. Both of the owners there have other jobs. this is just a hobby for them it seems. Revelution cars are making a huge impact not just in this area but on this side of the U.S. theyve won lucas heat races and several big paying shows in kentucky, tenn. georiga,and alabama. seems like everywhere you go they have cars in the top 5. But what i like more is i have seen is the chassis builder helping alot of local racers that have other types of chassis's also. Around here everyone seems to like the treatment and the attitudes at the revelution shop. Hope this helpsNot saying anything bad about any of the other guys . I have a Viking Chassis , the car handles great . Drives really well in slicked up tracks , and Josh over there at Viking is sharp on the tech help. You can always talk straight to him. I race in TN GA , just go where it's paying good , but I've come acrossed lots of Viking cars.

Doc88D
01-27-2013, 01:05 PM
We just took posession of two new Killers. We havent raced them yet, but I can say that the quality and craftsmanship is better than any car Ive had, Been racing 25 years. They seam very knowledgable and will build your car to suit you. You dont get a cookie cutter racecar. They have some great theory's on their chassis design. They have been very busy building new cars this year. They wont build more than 50 a year. So they can keep that personal relationship with their customers. Im not here to down any other builder, Just telling you that we have had a GREAT purchase experience with the guys at Killer. Im thrilled with our relationship up to this point. Give John a call at (859) 748-6180

Doc
www.Dowdyracing.com

Jonezy
01-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Revolution seems to be a really good race car. I have seen bare frame pics of the Viking and its design is very different from your normal LM, I like what they have done with it and I think that it has potential to be a really good car. Josh Mcguire has started building his own race cars. He ran his own several times at the end of last year to work the bugs out a fix a few things. He is really happy with it and has sold several frames over the winter.

robcoautosports
01-28-2013, 05:00 PM
I work on a team that has a 2012 Revelution and it has been an awesome car. We have had Mastersbilt,Swartz, and TNT cars also drove a GRT. We won features in all of them but the new Revelution is the best car that we have ever had. Frank is never to busy to help and is a great set-up guy. I know that Danny People's will be in a Revelution as well as a dealer for them. Michael Chilton, Victor Lee, Aaron Ridley, Greg Johnson all will be driving a Revelution this year and there are more just havnt got any names yet. Go with the Revelution

robcoautosports
01-28-2013, 05:18 PM
I was giving you my experience with the Revelution. I would call up all the builders you listed and just talk them. After talking you may just click with a certain builder and decide on that chassis. It would be a good idea to go to their shop and see the cars being built, that would get you some face time with the builder. Good luck with your choice

V1SLM
01-28-2013, 08:48 PM
The Revelution adds seem very affordable, but what length rear and rack sizes do they use. The chassis, decking, box, and front suspension price is very reasonable, might give a look if we knew what they usedfor bolt ons.

robcoautosports
01-29-2013, 12:22 PM
We used the rear-end out of our 2011 TNT car, but Frank has his own style birdcage that he wants you to use. I'm not sure right off the top of my head what the rack length is. Like I said call Frank at the shop, if you can use something off the car you have now he will tell you. He will not make you buy new stuff if you don't need too. I can get you the number if you would like.

link bar
02-03-2013, 12:42 PM
The Revelution adds seem very affordable, but what length rear and rack sizes do they use. The chassis, decking, box, and front suspension price is very reasonable, might give a look if we knew what they usedfor bolt ons.

Frank would be more the glad to talk to and answer any of your questions. just call the shop 859-314-9981. 8a.m. to 6 p.m.