PDA

View Full Version : Mod Frame with bolt in X Brace

want2bfast2
07-22-2012, 01:08 PM
I have seen some Mod frames that had the main X brace that connects the lower frame rails together bolted in,it looks removable. Was wonder why you would want to remove parts of the X brace and what affects it would have on handling?
Thanks

9modified
07-22-2012, 09:19 PM
This would make clipping a frame easier, by port a powering and bolting in another X. This will let the frame flex which maybe better on a slick track. In my opinion I would not like this type frame for the following reasons, 20 races the frame would be flexed out (used up) , and when a frame flexes allot even on rough race tracks it puts allot of stress on the main cage which could weaken the structure maybe even affecting safety. When you flex metal it gets weak, Plus the frame having flex acts as another spring in the cars handling. This is the reason some frames that are extremely stiff when new are not as good until they get a few races on them. Frames that have flex built in are fast out of the box for one season. It all in frame structure, I prefer a frame that will last me at least 60 to 80 races not 20. I would be very leery of this type frame.

want2bfast2
07-23-2012, 06:01 AM
That is probably why some people have welded the X braces in on some of the chassis that had the bolt in style.
Thanks