PDA

View Full Version : aircleaner hole

m.lion
07-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Any tricks to cutting the hole in the hood for aircleaner

Egoracing
07-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Any tricks to cutting the hole in the hood for aircleaner

Put a short stud in the carb and put the new hood on the car. press down on the stud to make a dimple. drill a small hole in the dimple and put a screw in the hole. On the screw put a piece of string and wrap it around a pencil or marker so it is 1-2 inches longer than the distance from the stud to the outside edge of your air cleaner. Then using the string and the marking device, you can mark a perfect circle around your air cleaner.

steelkiwi75
07-22-2012, 10:01 PM
i use two pieces of masking tape, one on deck and one on fender. i measure from stud on carb to each piece of tape. put the hood on and measure in oppposite direction to intersect both lines. I have a large set of compasses that i draw the circle with. I then drill a hole large enough to get the end of my air shears in. cut to line and there ya have it. if ya don't have a set of compasses, you can make a set. take a strip of wood drive a nail at one end for the pivot point and another half the the diamitor of the hole to scratch your line to cut on. hope I explained this clearly and it helps. dennis

derricklong38
07-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Drill a hole enough for the breather stud to go through the hood, install the hood, then use your air cleaner top on top of the hood. perfect circle, then add what ever distance around it.

SS Motorsports
07-23-2012, 01:07 PM
The easiest way to do it is, Get someone else to do it.

Rayburnt1
07-23-2012, 04:10 PM
Drill a hole enough for the breather stud to go through the hood, install the hood, then use your air cleaner top on top of the hood. perfect circle, then add what ever distance around it.

That what I do also...works great.