PDA

View Full Version : Need 9 inch out of pierce or shaw or bar car

Reddy Powered
07-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Looking for a complete setup. I'm converting a leaf spring car over to 4 bar. If you have a 9 inch left over after switching to quick change I can use it. I need the birdcages and all, preferably the pullbar too. Let me know what you have. Contact Timmy @ 513-616-3490

Ferg58
07-23-2012, 04:10 PM
you better make sure your rear frame rails arent to wide

Reddy Powered
07-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Yeah I thought about that. Do you know what the average width of the frame rails on a bar car are? I do know that mine are narrower than a Rocket late model though.

Ferg58
07-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Yeah I thought about that. Do you know what the average width of the frame rails on a bar car are? I do know that mine are narrower than a Rocket late model though.

I dont know the answer to that. All I was going by is that I had a leaf car and the builder said I couldnt make a bar car out of it because of the rail width.

TowMan1
07-26-2012, 04:02 PM
I dont know the answer to that. All I was going by is that I had a leaf car and the builder said I couldnt make a bar car out of it because of the rail width.

you can make a leaf car in to a bar car if you can get it on the frame jig it came from and the right bar mounts put it. Dale Munson out of fairview IL made this happen. it was a fast car too. I think that actual car is in Indiana now. but it can be done, I am just not sure that you can do it with the jig

I might have a 9in around with the extras maybe. I will look tonight