PDA

View Full Version : any help on my street stock

Meylan34
07-24-2012, 07:59 PM
i have a 80 malibu 4 door car i just bought. i need help on which parts would make the car faster. it is being raced at tri city motor speedway. but i wanna make the car faster. im thinking of putting a 355 with a automatic powerglide it has a 308 gear in the rearend. so plz if anyone can tell me wht i should have. i plan on racing it at tri city motor speedway, merritt raceway and mt.pleasant speedway

26-62 racing
07-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Not trying to be a smart a$$, but why not work on YOU be faster first. Learn about the race car, make it very reliable, to be able to finish races and log learning laps. Learn about set ups, how to scale a car, moving the weights around for proper percentages to obtain better handling. How to set up a front suspension to make the car turn better. Right now this will give you faster lap times. Do not just spend a bunch of money to buy something you think will make you faster and you will not be. ALL of us racers do not want to see a new guy get discouraged and quit because he a ran out of money with no success. We want to see this sport grow. Spend your money wisely.

Mike Bulpitt
26B owner driver

Dirt Knife
07-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Amen Amen

Meylan34
08-19-2012, 10:27 PM
ive been driving the car at tri city motor speedway. it just dont have enought power. i can catch them in the corner but they are pulling me on the straightaways. it has camal back heads on it and everyone telling me to put vortex heads on it but idk if i should stick with camel back or go to vortex??