PDA

View Full Version : Roll cage heighth?

Racer7R
07-29-2012, 11:43 AM
My roll cage is a little close to the top of my head and I just don't feel comfortable with it. I was wondering if there was a safe way to use the same chassis and raise the halo on the main cage. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I would just go looking for a tall cage chassis, but money won't allow that right now.

Egoracing
07-29-2012, 12:40 PM
My roll cage is a little close to the top of my head and I just don't feel comfortable with it. I was wondering if there was a safe way to use the same chassis and raise the halo on the main cage. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I would just go looking for a tall cage chassis, but money won't allow that right now.

Lower the seat! MUCH safer than cage work!

ask0329
07-30-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm in the same situation. I have my seat as low and laid back as possible. One suggestion that I have been told was to make another halo to sit on top of the current one in the car and weld the two together. Then put the roof back on top of the new halo. After that would just have to adjust the pillers as you would have a couple inches of extra space.

dirttrackrocker
07-30-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm in the same situation. I have my seat as low and laid back as possible. One suggestion that I have been told was to make another halo to sit on top of the current one in the car and weld the two together. Then put the roof back on top of the new halo. After that would just have to adjust the pillers as you would have a couple inches of extra space.

I have seen it done this way, its probably the safest easy way to do it. Either that or weld a halo bar like the ones the new sprint chassis have into it...

500BOMBER
07-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Our Champ car has a double halo on it. Makes me feel a bit safer.

Egoracing
07-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Only issue with that is your head is still to close to the steel tubing!

500BOMBER
08-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Only issue with that is your head is still to close to the steel tubing!

It has a full containment seat. I would have to stretch pretty far to hit something. Plus, the guy that had the car before me was a bit taller than I am. I think USAC required that the halo be raised for him.