PDA

View Full Version : RF camber gain?

Wheelman33
07-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Running -5* camber on my rf and at full bump it is only -6*. That is in the shop. So with body roll i assume i am losing negative camber.

My question is would it be better to move my static camber or adjust it dynamically by lowering my upper control arm sliders? Any ideas?

billetbirdcage
07-31-2012, 09:10 PM
Yes your losing camber to the ground, if you have any roll at all. Generally speaking you need around at least 1.25 degrees camber gain per inch to keep the tire the same as static to the ground for average roll on a LM (obviously this varies per car and set-up).

Wheelman33
08-01-2012, 11:35 AM
So i am not even in the ballpark.

So if i move my rf upper control arm mounts down on the chassis will it change my roll center a ton? Or would i be better off to leave that alone and shorten the upper control arm and start with a lot of static negative camber?

Car is a 2010 GRT with the short spindle front end on it. It will not stick the rf in the slick. Just lookin for ideas

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Billet knows GRTs. He should be able to help you sort this out.

Wheelman33
08-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Ok, let me ask in a different way. If the only thing i move is the upper control arm mounts on the rf down and then readjust the static camber will that move my roll center to the right(that's bad correct?) a significant amount?