PDA

View Full Version : LR Wedge?

BRC7
08-01-2012, 09:29 PM
What do you run for wedge? I have been running 150-180 all year w/out the driver in the car... 240+ with the driver in the car. This is what I have always ran the last few years and have never had any problems but the more I have been on the forum I see people saying 50-90 lbs of wedge with the driver. Am I way out of the ball park? What will lowering the wedge down to 100lbs with the driver in the car do? Should I just keep doing what I'm doing?

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-02-2012, 07:24 AM
The wedge you need depends on the rest of the setup. That is pretty high for most common stuff, however.

dualdj1
08-02-2012, 08:42 AM
What do you run for wedge? I have been running 150-180 all year w/out the driver in the car... 240+ with the driver in the car. This is what I have always ran the last few years and have never had any problems but the more I have been on the forum I see people saying 50-90 lbs of wedge with the driver. Am I way out of the ball park? What will lowering the wedge down to 100lbs with the driver in the car do? Should I just keep doing what I'm doing?

As the old saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it works for your driver/track/setup combination, leave it alone.

hpmaster
08-02-2012, 12:10 PM
We bought a Rayburn swing arm car that was about 5 years old. It had been bent and we straightend it. We set that car up by CJ's recomendations and it wouldn't turn or have drive off. So we used the old if it does this do this chart. We ended up with 340 lbs. of bite and had a consistant top 5 car. We spent the rest of the next year and a half trying to do what was "right" for that car but always ended up back around 340 lbs. of bite. The car finally was busted up in a top 3 wreck and we scraped it. While fightin to learn 4 bar stuff I wish I still had that POS chassis. The stop watch and where it finishes don't know what bite is.