PDA

View Full Version : scaling help

steelkiwi75
08-04-2012, 12:13 AM
i have ride hieghts set. rear and left percentages good. but cross is way off. here are my numb ers. lf 733 rf 331 lr 540 rr 749 how do i adjust to get my 30 lbs of bite. can it be done without changing ride heights? i have 100 lbs of lead on the rf. please give detailed directions on how to adjust to get what i need. thanks dennis

tbaileyjr
08-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Put turns into rf and lr and take equal turns out of lf and rr at same time and ride heights should not move

mignum
08-04-2012, 08:47 AM
This may sound stupid but i have done it myself, make sure you have the scales hooked up properly i have mixed up the rr and lr scale cables and been like what the heck is going on here?

dchamp3
08-04-2012, 10:38 AM
The scale numbers look way off , how can you have a 100 lbs. lead on the rf and only have 331 something is not right.

steelkiwi75
08-04-2012, 11:13 AM
thanks for the replies. dchamp3, i thought the same thing but i have checked scales and wires and it all right.

HEAVY DUTY
08-04-2012, 11:19 AM
You have a bunch of load on the lf or rr spring. The ride height can still be right because a lf spring carrying most of the weight will hold the rf up.There isnt any weight sitting on the rf spring and therefore there isnt any weight being pushed down on that scale. The same thing can happen on the rear, one side can be carrying most of the weight. What I like to do on a 4 bar car is to screw the lr coil over adjuster until the spring is nuetral ( no slop) and set the car down and then adjust the ride height.That will give you a good place to start. When you put 100 more pounds of load on the lr spring, 100 comes off the rr and it gets taller because there is less weight on it. The rf also got heavier so the ride height got lower ( more weight on the rf spring ) The lf got lighter so its ride height raised. Now you have to go back and reset all 4 ride heights. You can move a lot of weight thru the coil over adjusters without changing the ride heights if you spend enough time and dont get confused by being in a hurry. Keep in mind that your crossweight ( lr bite ) is the only thing you are changing with the coilover adjusters. The rear and left side percentages can only be changed by adding weight or by moving weight or components that are bolted to the car. I think it is best to scale with the driver, because you race with the driver and drivers weights can vary 300 lbs ( a heavy driver has to have way less left side % than a light driver before the driver gets in the seat) Hopefully I worded that in a way you can understand. Most people that are new to scaling a car can really get confused without someone experienced to help them. 30 years ago I could spend 2 nights trying to scale a car, but now it only takes a few minutes because I understand it better.

dchamp3
08-04-2012, 03:33 PM
What kind of car are you scaling?

BRC7
08-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I don't see how your ride heights can be right with so much LF and RR. That thing is F#$*ed up. You gotta have something in a bind, bent or something.

steelkiwi75
08-04-2012, 06:07 PM
when i first scaled the car, i had simular numbers. i got it scaled out pretty good but the ride heights we're way off. and i couldn't undrstand why i had to put 100 lbs on the rf to get it close either. now i have changed springs on the info from someone that knows warriors and the track i am running. i thought i would ask for some info on the right way to scale it from someone smarter than me,