PDA

View Full Version : Pull bar vs Lift arm / 5th coil

fastonraceday
08-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Running under USMTS / USRA rules and using pull bar, not really happy with forward drive (traction) and looking at lift arm / 5th coil. I know there is no one magical piece that fixes this problem and you can't beat hard work in the shop, just looking at what is running up front and winning.

powerslide
08-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Pullbar will have more "forward bite" than the lift arm if thats what your searching for look elsewhere.

dualdj1
08-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Running under USMTS / USRA rules and using pull bar, not really happy with forward drive (traction) and looking at lift arm / 5th coil. I know there is no one magical piece that fixes this problem and you can't beat hard work in the shop, just looking at what is running up front and winning.

move your pull bar to the left, you'll get more drive.

fastonraceday
08-07-2012, 07:07 PM
When you move it to the left, do you mean the whole assemble or just the rear where it mounts on the rearend and how far? Right now its center on the rearend and on the the frame mounts. I wondered about doing that but was worried about picking up a mid center push in the corner.

let-r-eat
08-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Problems hooking up with the pull bar will not be helped by going lift arm.

JustAddDirt
08-08-2012, 01:42 PM
If you are on a big momentium track, that does not need alot of forward traction you will be good with the liftbar.
If you are a stop and go track, or somplace that gets black slick. move pullbar to left in 1/2" incriments. you will notice a difference.

Dup11
08-08-2012, 03:07 PM
First determine how you are on entry and middle, then determine if you need more help off or not. off may just be a reflection of how you are getting in and thru the center
good luck this year

fastonraceday
08-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Car turns in and thru the middle good, just when I pick up the throttle from center off it don't have the drive or traction it should have. It's like I have to wait on the car instead of driving off the corner on the throttle.

jason29a
08-08-2012, 04:51 PM
If your not able to pick the throttle up until the center then you may be looser than you think. And the tires may never really be getting traction from the enterance into the center. You have to shrink the window from braking to getting back on the gas as much as you can.... The longer that lag time the less traction your tires have.