PDA

View Full Version : loose in middle help.

metricss
08-05-2012, 03:06 PM
we run a pro stock class with 10 inch tires, car is loose on throttle on the dry track, always a top 5 car, just need to tweek, was wondering which to adjust, im sure its going to be a decrease in stagger, or decrease in rr trail, or maybe an increase in bite. 3000 lbs metric car. car feels like it is hooked up, just wants to turn in a smaller circle than the track is when on the throttle through turn. 7/16 semi banked, fast straightaway, semi tight turns. just wondered if anyone has had that feeling through the turns, and adjusted that out of the chassis without costing entry or exit. thanks

dirtman45
08-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Go to no stagger and see it that helps, otherwise more bite. We have even ran reverse stagger where your LR is larger. As in 1 inch in roll out more than the RR. As you decrease stagger you will also slightly be changing the cross weight to your advantage.

ss74
08-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Leave the stagger and add LR bite.

speedbuggy
08-16-2012, 01:21 PM
IMO, if you have to run zero or reverse stagger, you just don't have enough bite in the car.

dirtman45
08-17-2012, 12:33 AM
To speedbuggy... yes you are right. He sounded like he just wanted a tweak, and stagger is an easy tweak. Also the height change across the rear will add bite. JMO

Driver88
08-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Decrease trail. Rearend should be square. I tried that on my old car and if I wasnt loose off I was chasing it up the track. Made it hard to run the bottom cause my car was always headed up the hill.