PDA

View Full Version : Barry Grant Fuel Bypass regulator Question?

Colorado #28
08-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Hello,

I'm running a Barry Grant fuel bypass regulator that doens't have a place for a fuel jet to set the PSI while at Idle. Since it doesnt have one what is the recommended PSI to set the regulator at for Alcohol? Ive been told to start out at 6.5 to 7.0 PSI and see how the car runs. What are your thoughts? Thanks

V/R

willyj
08-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Hello,

I'm running a Barry Grant fuel bypass regulator that doens't have a place for a fuel jet to set the PSI while at Idle. Since it doesnt have one what is the recommended PSI to set the regulator at for Alcohol? Ive been told to start out at 6.5 to 7.0 PSI and see how the car runs. What are your thoughts? Thanks

V/R

6.5-7.0 on methanol at WOT will not supply enough fuel to the engine,possible damage could occur.

Colorado #28
08-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Hey thanks...So if i dont have a fuel bypass regulator that has a jet in it to set the car at 3psi at Idle would setting the regulator at 8 or 9 psi hurt it while it idles then it will be set for the track and provide the right fuel pressure so I wont hurt the motor? Once the regulator is set it doesnt move when im on the track at WOT....This is my problem. Thanks

V/R

kraftkar7x
08-06-2012, 04:55 AM
You can drill and tap the regulator to put a jet in it had to do it myself since i run the reverse mount pump

Colorado #28
08-06-2012, 05:33 AM
Kraftcar....Thanks...