PDA

View Full Version : reclipping question?

OutlawMotorsports17
08-05-2012, 11:02 PM
I have a 07 Rayburn, Ive been told by many and read it several times that the Rayburn front end is the exact same as a blue front end Rocket, so could I get the rear reclipped as a Rocket and be consider a Rocket copy? would it affect anything else, really considering doing this at the beginning of the year!

lovinlatemodels
08-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure that is true there's alot more then just front and rear clip tubing size, thickness, and location play a big part in how a car reacts and handles. You can try it but it will be a 07 Rayburn with a rocket rear clip. JMO

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Yes. You would essentially have a blue front Rocket if it was done correctly. There are a few out there running pretty well like that.

grt74
08-06-2012, 07:52 PM
yes it can be done,and we have been using the hot wrench for years,as long as you have a level area to start from,a good tape measure,and angle finder youll be fine,thats of coarse if you can weld and fabicate,ill say this and then leave it alone,that frame doesnt know if its a grt,rayburn,rocket,or anything else for that matter,it just knows how stiff it is and where the pick up points are,just remember to keep saftey a big factor also
helped a friend do this setup and he loved it