PDA

View Full Version : less power = less LR bite?

dfhotlm33c
08-08-2012, 01:05 PM
It seems to me that recommendations on this site for LR bite usually run low in comparison to chassis setup sheets, etc, especially over in the crate late forum...is this due to lack of power requiring compensation to get the rear end around?

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-08-2012, 01:23 PM
In general, a crate needs to have a looser chassis to keep from bogging the engine down too bad.

dfhotlm33c
08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
well that seems to be exactly the dilemma here..

550-600 hp steel block..setup sheet for my car recommends 140-170 LR bite..have been running 150..car comes in nice and seems to set nice..but when rolling back in throttle seems to push..and the engine does seem to bog down, then by the time the engine comes back up in powerband it feels like it's going to snap loose..so it never just stays set and drifts off..different bar and spring configurations help some but was just wondering if the LR bite is too much (I know, just try it, right? we are putting car back together after hard crash and will be scaling and doing final setup soon so was just curuous if it was time to change that aspect of things..)

dualdj1
08-08-2012, 03:32 PM
well, you know what it does at 150, so try 80-100. if you come out to start and it's way loose and revving well, you know to split the difference. if it's still go the same push, etc, then you know to look elsewhere.

RW57
08-09-2012, 03:31 AM
We are fighting the same problem on my sons car. It is a warrior with a howe camaro clip we are down at 40 pounds dewedge w/o driver and no bite with driver car is still a tick too tight it keeps getting better the more I take out bite. It has a very limited motor smog heads 425 lift cam 600 holley maybe.350 hp. It is a 3 link with lr on swing arm w eliminator on swing arm . RR is on top of housing it weighs 2800 w driver. I drove it one time this year at 2900 with me as I am around 120 lbs heavier the car was hooked so hard the motor was bogging off the corners.