PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia State 100 at Magnolia Motor Speedway Postponed

Ben Shelton
08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
For Immediate Release
Ben Shelton (msrmafia@gmail.com)
August 14th, 2012

Magnolia State 100 at Magnolia Motor Speedway Postponed Indefinitely

Columbus, Mississippi (08/14/12) - The 23rd Annual Magnolia State 100, which was slated to be held at Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) on September 20th-22nd has been postponed indefinitely.

Several factors went into the decision to not hold the race that weekend with the biggest factor being the health of race founder and promoter, Dewitt Singleton. In the past month Singleton has had to battle a minor stroke as well as a bout of pneumonia. While he's slowly getting back to 100% he obviously hasn't been able to focus much attention on preparing and promoting the race.

"This past month I've been run through the ringer between the little stroke and the pneumonia. To add to it my business has been really busy, and right now I just have to prioritize. I want to make sure anytime I do the Magnolia State 100 that I do it right, and with just a month until the race I don't feel like I would be giving the race the justice that it deserves."

Another factor that went into moving the race is the way that schedules have fallen for national and regional tours. While it used to be a fairly open slate for racing, that weekend in September has now turned into a scheduling nightmare with several big races that weekend.

Singleton and Magnolia Motor Speedway promoter, Johnny Stokes, are currently discussing several options for rescheduling the event. Hopefully a reschedule can be made for this season, but if not Singleton assures racers and fans that the Magnolia State 100 is not going anywhere.

"I love this race, and I love all of the people, who support it every year. I can promise you that if we don't get to have it this year that we will be having it in some form or fashion in 2013. I can't thank everybody enough for their support of this event over the years. The fans and racers have made this event what it truly is," comments Singleton.

In the place of the event Magnolia Motor Speedway will now host a $3,000-to-win, Mississippi State Championship Challenge Series (MSCCS) event on Saturday, September 22nd. An open practice will be held on Friday, September 21st.

For more information on Magnolia Motor Speedway please visit www.MagnoliaDirt.com .