PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here built a 1995 mustang?

car62
08-19-2012, 06:43 PM
we have the chance to buy a 1995 mustang ex street car,it doesnt have a rearend,engine,or transmission.
i was looking at the front struts to see what it would take to convert to 4 lug,and what rearend would fit under it.

also noticed the K member looks prettymuch the same as a fox body mustang K member.

anyone know what parts from the 1979-1993 fox body mustangs will fit on this?
i have heard the control arms from the 1995 mustang will fit on fox body..so im really hoping this rearend i have from a 1988 T-bird will fit in the 1995 mustang.

Dirtman29
08-20-2012, 08:53 AM
We had a guy here in IL built a '95, heavy car but was bad fast, he won a lot with it. I was told the 7.5 rearends are interchangable between the two cars. They left it a 5 lug. The LCAs are about 1" longer on the newer stangs vs the fox chassis. BUT, guys did complain when he first brought it out as the '95 never had a 4 cyl. in it from the factory, may want to check the rules at your track.

car62
08-20-2012, 09:36 AM
From the rule book:

2. Any four (4) cylinder passenger car automotive engines GM to GM, Ford to Ford, Toyota to Toyota etc. No porting or polishing. All heads must be OEM and have OEM part number casting. No machining, sanding, acid dipping, or gasket matching of intake ports, exhaust ports, lifter bores, combustion chambers, or intake manifolds. If the engine came with a factory hydraulic camshaft, you cannot convert to a flat tappet (solid) cam. If your engine came with a flat tappet camshaft, you cannot convert to a hydraulic camshaft. Must use stock lifters, Rocker arms or followers for engine being used. No roller camshafts, no roller rockers, or followers allowed.