PDA

View Full Version : Loose in tight center loose off

CHRISTINE
08-20-2012, 10:03 AM
This past weekend we went to a diferent track small 3/8 07 pierce spring behind
600lf 550rf 200lr spring behind 200rr spring in front and shock behind on bc
75 73-6 8-2 93 all afco oil shocks
30lrb bar angles lu 21 ll 8 ru 17 rl .8
before the car was tight on gas pushing to the wall with a coilover on lr but good on entry now i went back to spring behind shock in front

car was free on entry then tight thru center carrying lf about 1 foot then loose off can you guys help me again?

powerslide
08-20-2012, 04:23 PM
i would say the tight in the middle is because you have too much LR drop if it carries LF 1ft off the ground. Set car at r/h take measurement just outside the b/c up to the deck or over rail. stick jack under frame where drvr legs are and jack until the LR just comes off the ground. Measure in same location by birdcage Should be between 4-5in.
I dont see anything too far off that would cause the free on entry problem. You can lower the RRL bar to tighten entry or stiffen LF spring.

what are your %'s?
where is your panhard bar on both sides, 9in or q/c?
where is your lead? Too low will cause loose conditions
How much trail? RR too far back will cause loose condition

CHRISTINE
08-20-2012, 04:26 PM
5 inch drop from right on the inside of b/c
51.8 left%
49.8 cross
56.7 rear with 22 gallon cell half full

jbar 5.5 split even with pinion 9"
rearend is square in car
no lead on car
thanks for responding

Flyin Iowan
08-21-2012, 07:24 AM
I think if you fix entry youll be good. Every time im loose on entry i slow down early and more then needed to keep car straight well then the car is settled down and not up on the bars rotating the car and makes it tight in the center and your most likely using the gas to turn it which is loose off..JMO

try droping the jbar 1" on both sides to keep the rake the same

CHRISTINE
08-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Ill try it this weekend thanks.