PDA

View Full Version : Motor issues... maybe carburetor

emodracer
08-20-2012, 08:43 PM
My motor will die if i rev it up and let off the throttle. If im in low gear and i push the clutch in i have to give it alot of gas, more than normal to get moving or it will die. I replaced the needle and seats and put all new gaskets in the carburetor. It is alcohol. Fuel pump is putting out 7-8 lbs of pressure. New stainless steel fuel filter. Motor is 3 races old. I don't know what it could be. Any info would be great. Thank you.

JustAddDirt
08-21-2012, 09:58 AM
probably too lean on idle circit.

Try 1.5 turns out on your 4 idle air adjustments as a baseline. may need to be 2 turns???

Might also be to small on you idle air bleeds draining your idle circuit. (would have to change idle circuit air bleed in top of carb).

Also if your new base gasket idle circuit hole is smaller than on the one that you took off that may be the problem as well. Not enought fuel flow.

Alcohol likes to be a smide rich on idle to run correctly and have good throttle response.

Iowamod20
08-21-2012, 01:18 PM
What is your pressure at idle? It should be 3-4 lbs at idle, and around 9 lbs at WOT. If your pressure is too high, it will blow past the needle & seats.