PDA

View Full Version : Moving j bar from right side to left

RW57
08-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Stock clip 3 link right now we have 36 in top link w solid ends at a 35 degree angle 20 in j bar to right car is really good now but we are really fine tuning set up for next year what can we expect if we flip j bar to left car gets over hard on rf but car does not appear to really get over on rr car weighs 2800 # 40 pounds of bite w/driver 47 .3 cross 54.3ls 53.5 rear 1100 rf 1200 lf /rr 275 on top of housing/ lr 375 on 20 in swing arm lr 3/6 shock on rf 8/2 on lr not sure on rr or lf but they are split valve as recommend by integra just wondering car has probably 350 to 400 hp much like a crate car right now car is hooked so hard it will not spin the rear wheels at all like I said car is really good now but you know as racers we are never happy lol.

Last edited by RW57; 08-21-2012 at 12:13 AM.

xxxmod
08-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Im thinking with the spring on top of the housing on the left and
the spring on the swingarm on the right a left side J bar will not work well.
That set up is opposite of what most dirt cars would run for spring locations,
which probably explains why the right side jbar works for you.

RW57
08-22-2012, 12:59 PM
OOPS Dummy here got it screwed up it is like you said we have swing arm on left with eliminator spring on top of housing on right side hey thanks for the reply I was beginning to wonder if anyone was gonna reply my typing skills leave a lot to be desired,

SnapOn35
08-23-2012, 07:57 PM
we ran a 3 link cars years ago and had good luck with the jbar on the left and same spring locations you have until we took the left spring off the swingarm and clamped it up and that car was a beast that race we shoulda did it long before that night. something to think about good luck
i think it was the las kosiski car we had

Dirtrunner35
08-24-2012, 08:02 AM
With the j-bar on the right side it will tighten the rear of the car in the turns by lowering the rear roll center and a left side mounted j-bar the roll center raises and looses the rear of the car, IF THE LEFT SIDE GOES UP. Try it on the left and see if you like it, most dirt cars run a left side bar.

RW57
08-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Left it on r/s last nite but I had raised the rs chassis mount about an inch to try to help free car up it put more angle in bar car was still super tight getting in and through middle even more so than before . My son said the car needs to rotate sooner on entry which is the same thing I saw the car is super fast in top of race track but it is hard to make much ground up doing that when you start back in the pack so we are going to move it to l/s this week and see. car had about 50 # lr last nite car was much more free on entry earlier in year with no lr bite this year season is almost done so we are gonna try everything.

Egoracing
08-26-2012, 09:43 AM
This may help you out
http://www.afcoracing.com/tech_pages/panhard.shtml

Moving it will load the RR tire more which can loosen the car by allowing the car to rotate as the RR will come into play driving the car around the corner. You see a left side J bar mount more when a car does not need a lot of additional traction, asphalt cars are 99.9% right side J bars because the track already has a bunch of traction, put them on dirt and they are slow thru the corner, look at ARCA on dirt. You can go to extreme angles to get what you need on a right side but to me that can easily bind something else up.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-26-2012, 09:59 AM
You likely need to raise the pinion side. It should be higher at pinion for a right chassis mount than a left chassis mount.

RW57
08-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Yep I realized that this morning after talking to a friend I knew that only moving 1 side made very little difference he said the same thing move it up on pinion right now it is below pinion he suggested moving it up to level with pinion. We still may flip it to left side if we do not we will never know what it does to car.

Dirtrunner35
08-27-2012, 06:35 AM
You could try more rear steer

RW57
08-27-2012, 06:57 PM
We r gonna move it to left this week and try it we need to know what it will do to satisfy our curiosity.

RW57
09-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Moved bar car was much better still a tick tight getting in , Need suggestions on what to do w bar to free up a little more bar is level with pinion 4 to 5 in up at frame slight angle up to frame. Move bar if so which way or trail rr 3/8 to 1/2 in , one more thing car has so much side bite it is unreal to watch it on track just need to free it up without loosing the side bite.