PDA

View Full Version : tighting the car up in the slick

bluemod
08-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Ive noticed that the top guys at the track never really touch there cars much for the feature as it slicks off. Is it something as simple as moving the jbar up and leavin the bars alone? Ive noticed that when im behind them the rear sets pretty far to the left. Just a question im throwin out there if anyone has advice.

Dirtrunner35
08-30-2012, 08:04 AM
I take out rear steer for slick

xxxmod
08-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Either tighten or loosen but have a car that you dont have to run side ways through the corner.

bluemod
08-30-2012, 05:16 PM
When we run bout last it starts to slick over and this is my first year in a mod and the guy that helps me has me moving rrbb and rrub down and the lrbb down and im just looking for other ways to tighen it up besides moving so much stuff

Renegade Cust Susp
08-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I like a car to be more on the free side than most on the slick. I feel it makes the car easier to drive straight so the only things we really adjust going to slick are stagger, air pressure, we do go heavy on fuel load to give the car some rear percentage. But not many bar angle adjustments.

johnny v
08-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Mark Bush had an article in Dirt mod about Wedge and Bite...... the jest of the story was some folks are leaving everything alone and just cranking down on the LR spring.... raising the LR ride height, AND , as a result.......
adds bite to the LR - good
increases bar angles on Lr- good
raises the J bar on the frame- good
raises the center of gravity on the rear of the car- good
increase rear steer- not good.....but not terrible if you don't trail the RR much or you run the Rear end square..

Dirtrunner35
08-31-2012, 07:24 AM
Higher the center of gravity more weight transfer from the inside to the outside