PDA

View Full Version : stiffing the rr spring ?s

bluemod
08-31-2012, 09:48 PM
Im rolling the right rear almost 6in and i know this is to much so what happens if i go from a 175 to a 275 spring just asking because its all that i have. Is this going to be a big diffrence and where will i see the effect of this change?

charcoal01
08-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Don't do it, you'll be junk. Raise your j bar an inch on both sides, should help keep car from rolling onto rr so bad.

bluemod
09-01-2012, 07:26 AM
im askin this because i think the rr shock is bad and were on the road and i noticed that i had so much drop and i can take the shock push it in and pull it out. turn it up side down with the shaft upwards and the body falls down the shaft. So ive been driving this car with a bad shock is what i think so i was wonding sence i cant get to a new one if i upped the spring rate. I know its a long shot

washeduptoo
09-01-2012, 08:09 AM
If your wanting to try that, what spring you have on lr,might could swap the rr spring(175) to the lr and lr to rr. Just a suggestion and good luck.

29 avenger
09-01-2012, 08:22 AM
I think I woukd swap the lf and rr shock the wrong shock would be better than a bad one you go up 100 lbs on rr spring your going to back it in to the wall

johnny v
09-02-2012, 09:58 AM
im askin this because i think the rr shock is bad and were on the road and i noticed that i had so much drop and i can take the shock push it in and pull it out. turn it up side down with the shaft upwards and the body falls down the shaft. So ive been driving this car with a bad shock is what i think so i was wonding sence i cant get to a new one if i upped the spring rate. I know its a long shot

leave the springs alone and go borrow a shock..... surely someone has a old 9" Qa1 hanging in their trailer you could borrow.....

powerslide
09-02-2012, 01:28 PM
leave the springs alone and go borrow a shock..... surely someone has a old 9" Qa1 hanging in their trailer you could borrow.....

i agree. Going up on spring isnt going to fix a bad shock. If i couldnt find a shock i would take it to the house. A cheap pro or anything is better than a dead shock.