PDA

View Full Version : Scaling Questions, help please!

racing_rookie13
09-03-2012, 10:09 AM
I have a street stock car, a metric chassis, all stock mounts for control arms, shocks, and springs, no wt jacks. I use shims in the lr to help adjust my lr bite, but when i had it on scales yesterday and i would remove shims from lr it was adding bite, not reducing bite, anybody had this problem before?

mark41
09-03-2012, 10:17 AM
it should add cross weight. not subtract. adding shims compresses the spring more same as screwing in the wedge bolt. you could always change the spring in 25lbs increments to change the bite and not affect the ride height.

DaveBauerSS6
09-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Crossed cables?

racing_rookie13
09-03-2012, 10:24 AM
thats what i thought, i will have to get it on scales again and see if i had something screwed up, should i remove or unbolt the shocks when scaling? has qa1 oil shocks but the lr is a gas shock, also should adding shims change the ride hts? where is the best place to measure them, have heard just from ground to bottom of frame and also between rear end and frame over rear end.

racing_rookie13
09-03-2012, 10:28 AM
Crossed cables?

the more i think about it the more i worry, but im gonna check it in an hour or so, i dont think i did, but i could have screwed that up!

DaveBauerSS6
09-04-2012, 12:54 AM
The right way is to pull all the shocks. Gas ones always pull them.
Adding the shim in one corner will change the height in that corner.
Measure between the frame and the rear end / frame and the a arm.