PDA

View Full Version : LRL holes

dfhotlm33c
09-03-2012, 01:33 PM
My chassis has two LRL holes, about 2" difference on center..

they are directly in line vertically..no radius to them whatsoever..

This makes it virtually impossible to move the bar from the upper to lower hole without changing the rod length by turning the heims in...(I jack left side all the way up at frame until rear is at full drop..remove bar, and try jacking rear end until heim lines up...just doesn't happen)

are these two holes in line for a reason? To index spring even further when moving from upper to lower hole? should I make the rod the right length to fit in both holes?

Help! Thanks

dfhotlm33c
09-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately, not a bracket mounting situation..These are the only two holes to mount the lower bar into..the upper hole puts me at about 5* uphill..the lower hole nearly 5* down..so a big swing there...and when in the lower hole, the car seems to act very erratic and want to snap loose (Might have been something else but I'm pretty sure that's what caused it...) Just curious if older chassis were like this in general or if someone inexperienced added something and didn't think it through properly....

billetbirdcage
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
If it only has 2 holes and they are for the degree you stated (5 up or 5 down) then they will be vertical to each other, so it will not look like an arc. They are correct and don't need an bar length adjustment.

Older GRT's are like this.

dfhotlm33c
09-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Makes sense now that I think about it..Must not have been moving the rear up or down to the right spot to get things lined up...Can 5 down, with the top bar all the way up cause erratic handling? Top bar all the way up is about 28* up, and 44* at full drop...

charcoal01
09-06-2012, 03:01 PM
In short, yes. That's a ton of bar split and will cause the cage to index rapidly, causing erratic handling.

sj valley dave
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
When we had the old 4 top hole, 2 bottom hole 4 bar brackets, the only time we ran the LRU in the top hole and the LRL in the bottom was when the track really slicked off and we were looking for drive off and getting rid of some of the rear steer...On a tacky track, that set up does not work..IMO