PDA

View Full Version : Mike Marlar from Worst to First in $25k Hillbilly 100 Win

Ben Shelton
09-04-2012, 03:56 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 4th, 2012

Mike Marlar from Worst to First in $25,000 Hillbilly 100 Triumph

Winfield, Tennessee (09/04/12) – Even though he had to come from the last starting spot to get it done Mike Marlar piloted his #5 Bryson Motorsports/Rocket/Clements Super Late Model to the $25,000 win in the 44th Annual Hillbilly 100 on Sunday evening at I-77 Raceway Park.

Mike Marlar and Bryson Motorsports enjoyed a huge Labor Day weekend with their #5b Rocket/Clements Racing Super Late Model. Action began on Friday night with an $8,000-to-win, UFo Super Late Model event at Tyler County Speedway (Middlebourne, West Virginia). Seventy-six Super Late Models entered the event, and with the starting lineup for heats determined by the pill draw Mike started fifth in the fifth heat. He advanced to a third place finish, but with only the top two finishers transferring to the feature he was relegated to a consolation event. In the consolation event Mike registered a second place finish to earn the nineteenth starting spot for the feature. In the main event Mike passed twelve cars on his way to a seventh place finish.

On Saturday evening the Black Diamond 125, which was sanctioned by the World of Outlaws (WoO) Super Late Models was slated for Tyler County Speedway, but Mother Nature intervened and forced the postponement of the event.

Sunday night was another career evening for Mike Marlar as he traveled to I-77 Raceway Park (Ripley, West Virginia) for another running of the 44th Annual Hillbilly 100. The $25,000-to-win, Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) event drew a talented field of 52 entries. After not registering a good qualifying lap Marlar started eighth on the grid for heat race action, and would fail to make up any ground in the heat, which left him starting deep in the grid for a b-main. The b-main again found Mike failing to reach a transfer spot as his night came to an apparent early end. However, moments before the feature was set to roll Marlar was notified that he was being awarded an LOLMDS provisional. As a result he started twenty-fourth on the feature grid. As the race went green Mike rapidly began racing his way forward, and on lap 77 he raced past leader, Don O'Neal for the lead. Once out front he never looked back on his way to his second Hillbilly 100 title, which came over O'Neal, Ray Cook, Earl Pearson Jr., and Brian Birkhofer.

"I have to thank my car owner Norman Bryson and Rocket Chassis; the car was just great, it moved around all over the place. I want thank all of my sponsors for their support. To win this race twice is really something special. This was a tough field of cars tonight, and to be able to pass them all is just awesome" noted an elated Marlar in victory lane.
Full results from the event are available at www.LucasDirt.com .

Mike now turns his attention to the 42nd Annual World 100, which will be held this weekend, September 7th-8th, at Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio). The $42,000-to-win event is the most prestigious of the year in Dirt Late Model racing, and Marlar will be chasing his first-ever, coveted globe trophy. Action begins on Friday night with time trials and qualifiers. On Saturday evening heat races, consolation events, and the 100 lap finale will be held. For more information, please visit www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

Mike Marlar would like to thank his sponsors and marketing partners including Bryson Motorsports, ASI Racewear, Convenient Lube, Currin Construction, FK Rod Ends, FK Bearings, CV Products, DT52 Photos, DWT Racing, GW Performance, Hawk Performance, Hoosier by Pup, Integra Racing Shocks, Keyser Manufacturing, Outerwears, Peterson Fluid Systems, Rhino Wraps, SEG, Sweet Manufacturing, VP Racing Fuels, R2C Performance Products, Wiles Driveshafts, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services

For the latest information on Mike Marlar please visit www.MikeMarlar.net .