PDA

View Full Version : Billy Beachler Survives SSP... Ready for Bandit's Championship Weekend

prodirtcar32
09-06-2012, 06:42 PM
September 6, 2012

Billy Beachler & CBA Motorsports Readies for Championship Weekend...

Franklin, West Virginia’s Billy Beachler made the long 4-1/2 hour tow this past Saturday night to race with the Steel Block Bandits at Susquehanna Speedway Park in Newberrytown, Pennsylvania. Although a 16th place finish is not great by any standards, it was probably the hardest fought and most well deserved 16th place finish you’ll ever see.

42 of the top Steel Block Late Models signed in to compete for the $1,500 first place prize in the 30 lap, 12th Annual York County Nationals. A subpar pill draw stuck the Cecil B Arthur owned team in the rear of heat number three. Unfortunately that heat only lasted a lap for Billy, when entering turn one on lap #2 a competitor in front of him spun his car, leaving Billy with nowhere to go. To add insult to Injury, the Beachler machine was hit hard from behind and came within a couple of degrees from rolling on its side before settling back down on all four wheels. The damage was substantial and original thoughts were to load it up for the night. The crew started tearing the car apart and the more they got into it, it was decided to get the car as close to race ready as possible in case the team was in line for a series provisional. The crew, consisting of local friends for the night worked right through the entire evening, replacing or temporarily patching together the radiator, fan, nose assembly, etc. Former area Street Stock standout Dene Light jumped inside the engine compartment and stayed there for hours taking apart and then reassembling the entire front end of the CBA Motorsports rocket. With a provisional granted and the 25 starting spot awarded, the team had the battered race car as ready as possible. With a front clip that was bent a least an inch and a couple of rolls of duct tape holding the sheet medal in place, Billy had his hands full, but lasted the entire distance. Gaining nine spots, the team was awarded a hard earned 16th place finish. More importantly the 16th place finish allowed the team to gain ground in the Steel Block bandit point standing, where going into this weekend “Championship Weekend” Billy sits 6th in the year long standings.

“I have never worked so hard or have been happy with a 16th place finish. I cannot thank my help enough for this past weekend” laughed Beachler. “Our 2 car team (Including 2-Time series champ Walker Arthur) traveled without a crew, other than my wife this past weekend and had Kurt and Dene helping for the event. I really thought we were going to have to load up, but those guys wanted to see about repairing it. Just in case. It all worked out better than I ever would have thought. The car, even though it was bent performed pretty well under the circumstances. I am just very thankful for their help and support” added Billy.

This week will be a busy one in the West Virginia race shop as the car will be taken to Rocket Chassis to have a new front clip put on and then reassembled for this weekend’s Steel Block Bandit double header. Billed as “Championship Weekend” the Bandit’s will race Friday night at Eastside Speedway and end their 2012 campaign at Natural Bridge Speedway on Saturday, a track where Beachler has visited victory lane less than a month ago.

Billy would like to thank all the team’s sponsors:
Cecil B. Arthur Buckin Bulls & Beef Farms, Cecil B. Arthur General Contracting, Kawalski Racing Engines, All About Wraps, Sunoco Race Fuels & K.R.S. Graphics Motorsports Media.

Upcoming Races:
September 7th – Eastside Speedway (SBB)
September 8th – Natural Bridge Speedway (SBB)
October 5th – Natural Bridge – Fall Classic
October 6th – Natural Bridge – Fall Classic

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media