PDA

View Full Version : Differences In Birdcages?

HuckleberryB4
09-09-2012, 07:33 PM
What are the differences in birdcages from GRT, Mastersbilt, Rocket and so on? I have a mastersbilt with GRT birdcages on it. My bars lineup stratight and the measurements from hole to hole are the same as another racers Mastersbilt cages. I called Mastersbilt and they told me I need to get a set of their birdcages on it. So I'm curious as to what I would benefit from it?

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-09-2012, 07:38 PM
There are differences in spacing of the bars and shock mounts laterally across the rear axle on different makes. You could have the bar angles(inboard/outboard) angle off or the shock angles off.

mediaad
09-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HuckleberryB4
09-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Makes sense. Im willing to bet my RR shock angle is off. Who makes a good set of NYLON sleeved birdcages for a Mastersbilt? All I can find is bearing,

sobe92
09-09-2012, 09:42 PM
bearing birdcages are the way to go. the maintenance alone makes it worth it. as far as grt cages vs masters if it is a smack car the grt and masters cages are close to the same the biggest change could be if you could float the brakes on the birdcage and the shock drops might be slightly different. I know moran ran the grt narrow bearing cage on his mastersbilt for a long time.

Matt49
09-09-2012, 09:45 PM
And if you are trying to float the brake on the birdcage that will dictate where it ends up laterally and then you could end up with the shock angle AND the bar angles wrong. I would try to get the correct birdcages. TWM makes the birdcages for MasterSbilt and they are a very good piece.