PDA

View Full Version : planting the RF on entry-hard tire

mndirt
09-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I run the wissota WRS-2 tires. They are a hard tire but they have a lot of edges. I never seem to get the RF to plant quite as well as I would like to. Any ideas (besides using chemicals) to help plant that tire better? I'm sure it doesn't help that I have to run a steel block either. It's about 20 pounds heavier than our open motor. I'm considering raising the engine up a bit. When I stiffen the right front spring, it seems to shear the contact patch and "skate" the front end up the track. So I typically run the standard springs up front. My shocks are all new and set correctly (according to the manufacturer). As of now I run everything set to baseline set-ups. I have been fast lately, just looking to improve where I feel my weak spot is.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Egoracing
09-10-2012, 01:48 PM
With an Iron block the engine is typically set one inch higher and to the right when compaired to an aluminum engine.

Ghopper
09-11-2012, 09:43 AM
When I stiffen the right front spring, it seems to shear the contact patch and "skate" the front end up the track. So I typically run the standard springs up front.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you stiffen the RF spring and the car pushes up the track, then I believe you are already "planting the RF on entry", because you added tire load and the handling got worse.

Go the opposite way.

Ghopper

smirk
09-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Add 25 lbs next to rf shock on frame

MasterSbilt_Racer
09-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Add 25 lbs next to rf shock on frame

See Ghopper's post. I am never a fan of adding weight so far from the CG as well.

Graff Spee
09-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Open up the toe a bit. This will give the front tires some heat and traction. On hard economy tires the rears will get hot then the car will start pushing! If you get some heat in the front tires they will get traction and you will have a much better car! I have seen guys go as much as an inch and a half toe out just to get the tires to fire up. Hope that helps you.

racinground
10-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Pin the RF rebound some more. If it needs some more then bolt on the weight over RF. You will get the same effect as raising the motor. Yes car will be heavier but if it handles better it will be faster.