PDA

View Full Version : Shock question..

Mod66x
09-12-2012, 05:26 PM
First this my be a stupid question but here goes...I bought 6 shocks from a person with the build sheets, there are 2 shocks(lr & rf) that say rough/fast track; would this be 2 differant types(fast or rough) or a track thats rough but fast???

andy16
09-12-2012, 08:45 PM
may mean a heavy track semi wet early in the night or track that retains moisture. usually track w alot of grip are rutty/bumpy tracks so you can go pretty fast on em but is bumpy. the smoother the track gets usually the slicker it gets. at least at my home track hope that helps

dynoman14
09-13-2012, 12:43 AM
Most likely the bypass bleed ( hi-speed ) some shocks for a bumpy track will pop-off if the pressure goes higher than the bleed allows so this usually makes for a smoother feel to the driver. This same shock could also be used at a hi-speed track because small bumps 25mph faster are like very bumpy at a shorter track because the time and velocity are compressed by the speed of the car.

Best to take your shocks to someone who will dyno them for you ( $25-$50 shock ) and help you learn what the shock graph is telling you, so that you can learn about the shock valving while you change stuff. Otherwise it is like PI$$ING your money away for nothing. If you have a real good shock guy he will be able to build you 2-3 shocks in one and just let you change the deal with the clickers on the rebound, compression or even the hi-speed.

I hated changing shocks on my ARCA cars ( so I didn't ) 10 years ago so I got my shock guy Jason
( RE Suspensions ) to build me some triple adjustable shocks, they were some of the first ever made ( I think $10k a set but they went down to about $7500 after the first couple sets ) and just because I had 5 cars at a time I was renting and I was crew chiefing all 5 of them I had to be able to make quick changes to make them feel better to the "rookie" rental drivers.

grtforever
09-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Call captian kirk at envy suspension, he is great to deal with and on top of the shock world, best money I ever spent

CHRIS08
09-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Hi dear am newbie here and i want to ask a question which is that Just a quick question can u become more allergic to something due to over exposure to it and what is the likelihood of suffering from an anaphylactic shock when you have no allergies and no immediate family history?

talclipse
09-13-2012, 06:49 AM
I would contact whoever's name is on the build sheet and see what THEY meant by Rough/ Fast then you can make an informed decision about when and how to use them as part of your program.

Also, before getting the services of a shock guy do some research. Some of these guys are notorious for being hard to get a hold of/ not returning calls while some of the better ones know their customers on a first name basis and are willing to spend additional phone time to help you dial the shocks in.