PDA

View Full Version : FASTRAK Driver's SPOTLIGHT - #22 Jordan Dill

FASTRAKPR
09-14-2012, 04:28 AM
FASTRAK Drivers SPOTLIGHT - #22 "The Ice-Man" Jordan Dill

(Four Oaks,NC) Okay everyone it's time for another segment of our NEW Feature the FASTRAK Racing Series is doing to let the best race fans of all the fans of the "Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country" get to know the drivers on the tour who put the "pedal to the metal" every show to excite the crowd where ever the touring series goes it's entitled the "FASTRAK Drivers SPOTLIGHT". This week we feature the young man in the #22 TNT Race Cars Chassis and 2011 FASTRAK Rookie of the Year from Landrum,SC "Icewater" was his nickname but now he's the "IceMan" Jordan Dill.

Tell us about yourself.
I am 21 years old out of South Carolina. I am a saved Baptist. I have a 2 year college degree from Spartanburg Methodist College in Mathematics and Science and I plan to follow up on that with a 4 year degree. I am the oldest of 4 siblings. My brother Brandon and my two sisters Makayla and Taylor. I enjoy technology, hiking, sports of all kinds especially ultimate Frisbee, and reading. I have a vivid imagination and have been told by some people that I could be considered a genius whenever I put my mind on something.

How did you get into racing? How old were you? First car/class?
When I first got into racing I started in dirt bikes at age 5. My friend was racing dirt bikes so my dad and I bought me a dirt bike and snuck off to race without telling my mom. Needless to say I tattled on us being 5 and all. At age 7 my friend got hurt on dirt bikes badly and I decided to move from dirt bikes to go karts. In go karts I raced against people on the national level such as Chris Ferguson, Trevor Bayne, and Joey Logano. Trevor even considered me his favorite drafting partner. At the age of 12 I decided I couldn’t learn anything else from gokarts so I took 2 years to find a new kind of car to race. I test drove a bandalero at the track out back of Charlotte Motor Speedway after a race and decided that those cars were not for me when I turned lap times faster then the guy who won the race with the car that finished 5th. I looked then into driving dirt late models. I started off with a Duvall chassis, but we could never get it to run the way I like to have my car run loose as a goose so we finally moved to a TNT car which is where I am today.

What is your favorite racing memory?
My favorite racing memory would have to be my win at Thunder Mountain Speedway. I have never had that many people cheering for me and shouting my name in my whole career of racing. That win at this moment even though it was taken away from me is still the crowning achievement for my career because of how the fans treated a driver they had never seen before as he won his first national level race. I couldn’t have won at a better place.

Greatest achievement in your racing career?
In my racing career I like to think that my greatest achievement mentally is the fact that I have stayed true to my nick name. I have finally earned my nick name of Icewater or as Stan said Ice Man. I really means a lot to know that other drivers trust and have respect enough for you to know that they don’t have to worry about me losing my cool and tearing up a lot of race cars. My greatest physical achievement I would have to say was getting the 2011 FASTRAK Rookie of the Year award. It was an award that I hadn’t even known about till the end of the year and I was truly honored when I was the one chosen to receive it.

Any superstitions (peanuts not allowed in pits, etc)?
Well we have a few like no green on the race car and also my dad will not wear one of my t-shirts. He has dubbed that if he wears a t-shirt of the person he wants to win then they will not finish the race.

What is the story behind running the number you choose?
Lets see the story behind the number 22. I choose that number way back in my second go-kart I ever raced back in about 1997. I had paid close attention to NASCAR and all the local tracks that raced and at the time I choose a number that wasn’t used and at the time I also choose the color yellow because it wasn’t a very common colored race car. So I was a bit upset when Ward Burton came into the yellow 22 in NASCAR at a young age.

What is the hardest part of racing?
The hardest part of racing to me is learning to just take it on the chin when you have to. No one wants to admit when they are in the wrong, but in racing if you don’t bulk up and say, “hey I messed up.” Then changes can be made to your car that could hurt you in the race. Much like up at Wythe for the grand Nationals where I messed up in qualifying trying to hold it wide open. I came back in the pits everyone was asking what was wrong with the car and what needed to be changed and all I said was, “leave it alone, It was my fault.”

What got you involved with the FASTRAK Racing Series and what keeps you racing with the Series??
What got me involved with the series was the weekly competition that i had at the local tracks. We started paying attention to them and watching how they never tore cars up and how they raced in a whole new league then the normal Saturday night racers and I decided after racing beside David Smith, Lee Cooper, and all the other South Carolina FASTRAK Racers that I wanted to be considered one of them. I wanted to be one of the best.

Tell us what you like most about your home track? What are some of your other favorite tracks & why do you like them so much? What’s the hardest track you’ve ever competed at?
My home track at the moment would have to be Cleveland County speedway. I like this track and race there due to being close to home and being a great racing facility. They have some tough competition which keeps me up on my A Game. My other favorite tracks would have to be Thunder Mountain first off due to the people that are from that track. I have a larger fan base it seems to me in the state of West Virginia then I do here in South Carolina. If I lived closer Thunder Mountain would be my home track. Another of my favorites is Wythe Raceway. I love this track it is always in the best of shape. There is always a rather large field of cars with a great source of competition. This is another track I would race at constantly if I lived a bit closer.

What do you like to do when you are not racing?
When I am not racing I like to spend time with my lovely Fiance Jerrica Medley and get outside. I mean I play video games as well, but I enjoy going to the mountains and hiking or going to the beach and relaxing. I pretty much do everything you can think of from riding four wheelers to reading books and playing sports. I like to get involved where I can.

People you’d like to thank & sponsors.
The people I would like to think are first and foremost my family. I would not be able to race and be where I am today without the support that I get from my Dad, Mom, and Grandmother. My mom does all the graphics with her decal company Rowdy Graphics and my father and grandmother are the back bone helping me pay for the majority of everything that goes on my car. I also would like to thank my Fiance Jerrica for keeping my head on straight and keeping me in check, it’s a tough job but someone has to do it. Next I would like to thank Stanley McCarter with McCarter Towing. He has been a huge help to me my rookie year in FASTRAK and this year with guidance and sponsorship of my car. Next I would like to think my long time sponsor who has been by my side helping me from the beginning. That is Fuel Curve Engineering with Carburetor Bob and his lovely wife Kat. They have been behind me 100% my whole racing career in dirt car and I can’t thank them enough. Id like to thank TNT race cars with Tony, Teresa, Jensen and the rest of the staff for my car and all the help they give me on a weekly basis. Lastly I’d like to thank Kenny Lamb for his great motors. I have yet to be behind on motor and I got to say I feel 100% about my motors lasting me every race.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED FASTRAK DRIVERS IN BEING BE APART OF THE FASTRAK DRIVERS SPOTLIGHT CONTACT:FASTRAK Racing Series Announcer/PR Director Wesley Outland - 919-262-5660 announcernc05@yahoo.com or fastrakannouncer2012@gmail.com AND HE'LL GET BACK IN CONTACT WITH YOU TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

The FASTRAK Racing Series City Chevrolet Touring Divisions would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2012 sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Chevrolet Performance Parts, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, Longhorn Race Cars, RockAuto.com and FK Rod Ends. FASTRAK would also like to welcome Cool Shirt, Five Star Bodies, Hooker Harness, Kooks Custom Headers, R2C Filters, Sisco Fire and Safety and Tiger Rear Ends to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442. Also Visit the FASTRAK Racing Series online at www.fastrakracing.com and be sure to like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter at @FASTRAK_Racing!!