PDA

View Full Version : Best slick track chassis

MiddleMan
09-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Looking at buying a new car. Who's got the best stuff going right now on black slick race tracks with UMP tires?

Pierce
Diamond
GRT
Impressive
Lightning
Rocket by Ruhlman
Shaw
Other

bob75
09-16-2012, 08:24 AM
by your list there all good in the slick, look at customer support before you buy,im a pierce dealer if interested give me a call 815 541 9656

BPRC MAN
09-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I would go pierce or diamond,clamp cars IMO are where its at for dry slick.

MiddleMan
09-16-2012, 08:31 AM
That's what I'm leaning towards but Diamonds quality and durability are questionable. I've heard from a lot of people they fall apart quick. The spring behind cars not good in the slick?

bob75
09-16-2012, 09:07 AM
middleman call me 815 541 9656 on a price

bittight
09-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Think I'd look at what's winning in the slick around you. When I think slick I think the big shows, and all the ones I been to aren't getting won on a clamp bracket. Look for customer service and quality 1st Bandit race cars is going to be hard to beat in all the above. Just not many out of there area. Yet!!!

EFR Motorsports llc
09-16-2012, 02:21 PM
EERC is the best thing going right now just look at Mike Harrisons results for the past month or so. The quality in our cars is second to none and they are verry simple, no black magic vodoo crap. For more info call Erik Edgar At EFR Motorsports 573-330-8462. People are obviously going to say I am bias since I build them but I have had many diffirent cars over the years and worked on about every major brand car out there with our consultant services. I can honestly say right now we have the best designed and most quality built car available right now. Also as a new builder I am hungry and want my customers to be the absolute best they can, so for tech support you will not find any one more dedicated to making customers as fast as possible. If you want more info ask away I dont check here every day due to being quite busy, but feel free to call any time up to about 8:30 pm. With all that said I am not putting down any other builders there are other good cars out there obviously and with the right knowledge most of them can be made to work. We are only selling to a limmited number of customers for now so we can continue to take care of everyone and and build each car with the same attention to detail and quality craftsmenship that is needed with the level of competition in this class. Again feel free to ask questions on here or give us a call. 573-330-8462 EERC (Erik Edgar Race Cars)

becker13
09-17-2012, 10:03 AM
I know alot of people who would say diamond one best cars built and are safe plus can not beat the support you get from ryan and heather.

05modWrench
09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
We have been running Diamond chassis' for 2 years and like them a lot. Like Becker said they are well built and the customer support from Ryan and Heather is great. We have about 90 nights on the rear half of the car we are running now (had a new front clip put on over the winter due to wrecks) and we won last weekend over Gilpin, Nick Allen, and Kenny Wallace on a slick track. and Jamie Lomax ran 2nd in his Diamond.

beaver396
09-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Lightning chassis. Im pretty biased but I think Donnie is one of the smartest guys ive ever talked to when it comes to modifieds or any race car

You can call him and if hes isnt there he will call you back. Ive seen him talk to guys on the phone for along time that arent even in his chassis.

9modified
09-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Lightning chassis. Im pretty biased but I think Donnie is one of the smartest guys ive ever talked to when it comes to modifieds or any race car

You can call him and if hes isnt there he will call you back. Ive seen him talk to guys on the phone for along time that arent even in his chassis.

AGREE!! 100% He is one of the best. With Donnie it doesn't matter if you have a big name in racing or just a normal Saturday night racer you will be treated the same. My opinion Lightning is the only chassis out there.

wildman17j
09-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Lightning chassis speak for there self. Just go to there website and look at the wins they have for this year. And Donnie and Vicki are great people to. And when you get a lightning you got something you can race and still be completive with for about 5 years if you take care of it. I know that Ricky arms has an 04 car and still winning races with it and we have an 06 car that is very good win the track gets slicked off.

Jcramer12t
09-18-2012, 10:29 AM
My Diamond has been great in all track conditions and user friendly!! And Ryan is spot on with adjustments!!

LKissinger8
09-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with diamond.. I've had shaws and pierce and so far the diamond is the best car I've sat in.. Good people and good tech

ChadJacks
09-20-2012, 02:58 PM
you need to go with a spring behind car. doesnt really matter builder pick the one with best customer support! you can adjust any car to be good on slick. one of the most important piece of equipment on black slick tracks are shocks (Integra).

Renegade Cust Susp
09-20-2012, 05:12 PM
If your looking to go with something a little different than most in your area. Bandit Race cars out of Buffalo, KY builds a great product. Bryan's tech support has been awesome. Have only ran our new car 8 times this year because thats all time has aloud but we have two wins and we have always had a top 5 capable car. He is building chevelle and metric cars. They are great cars with second to none craftsmanship, I would put them up against any car in the country!