PDA

View Full Version : FASTRAK NE LM Tour Sharon Speedway 9/15/12 story & results

FASTRAKPR
09-16-2012, 08:15 AM
CHAD WRIGHT BECOMES SEASON’S 10TH DIFFERENT WINNER WITH 1ST CAREER FASTRAK NE LATE MODEL TOUR WIN AFTER A DOMINATING SHARON PERFORMANCE
By Mike Leone

September 15, 2012 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(Hartford, OH)…After a one-month layoff, the Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC Pace Performance FASTRAK Northeast Late Model Touring Series returned to Sharon Speedway on Saturday night for the sixth and final time of the season at the beautiful Hartford, Ohio oval. Race #20 of the record 25-event slate was the fourth time FASTRAK has been part of the “Apple Festival Nationals”.

After a rough night at the Weekly Series event on Friday night at Sharon, Chad Wright was unsure if he was going to return for Saturday’s Tour event; however, the last minute decision provided fruitful as Wright put on the best performance of his career with a dominating effort for his first career Northeast Touring Series victory. Wright passed John Over early in the race and was never challenged for the $1,200 victory in the non-stop 25-lap event timed in 7:17.958. Wright also received the $100 Genesis “Top Dog of the Night” certificate.

“It feels pretty good- I’ve been waiting for this for a long time,” expressed the 18-year-old Springboro, Pa. third year FASTRAK driver. “I knew they were behind me. I just tried keeping a line and passed lapped traffic. It’s awesome- I got it done! I have to thank Rob and Max Blair. They help me with setup and everything I do. The body they put on this is awesome. I also have to thank my mom, dad, and all my sponsors. I couldn’t have done it without all of them!”

John Over drew the pole position and raced into the lead ahead of Bud Watson and Wright. Max Blair started fourth, but slipped high and faded to sixth. On lap two, Wright passed Watson for second, while Blair regained fourth past Andrew Wylie and Bryce Davis.

Wright quickly caught Over and the two raced side-by-side for the lead on lap three with Wright making the pass in turn four, while Blair passed Watson for third. Davis and Wylie were able to get by Watson in the next few laps for fourth and fifth respectively. By lap six, Wright began to pull away, while the battle was on for second.

Wright caught lapped traffic on lap 12 and was able to maintain his lead by a straightaway at the halfway mark. The battle continued to rage for second as Over was trying to hold off Blair, Davis, and Wylie. On lap 19, Blair was really hounding Over looking for a way by, and in the meantime the foursome was closing on Wright. Wright was mired in heavy lapped traffic, which allowed second through fifth to cut Wright’s lead in half.

In the next laps, Wright was able to clear traffic and quickly opened his lead back up. Wright had no scares over the final five laps as he crossed the finish line first by a margin of 4.593 in his Zimmer’s Service Center/Bonnell’s Collision, ECS Towing/Wright’s Garage/Everhart Asphalt/TBR/Hendren’s Racing-sponsored #6. Wright became the 10th different winner of the season and 35th driver to win a Tour race in the 93 races contested all time. The victory also propelled Wright from 14th to 11th in the standings.

Over, who is in his first full year on the Tour, recorded his career best Tour finish of second beating a previous best of two fourth place finishes. “It was a good run tonight,” stated the Uniontown, Pa. driver. “We went back to some stuff we were doing earlier in the year. We’ve been struggling for the last several months. The last two times here have not been good so tonight is a great finish for us!”

Point leader Blair’s third place was his 16th top five finish in 20 races this season! After running only two of the first 16 events, Davis has joined the Tour for three of the last four events and has been impressive with a second, third, and now a fourth place finish! Wylie’s fifth place bested his prior season’s best effort of 10th at Mercer Raceway Park on July 14. Completing the top 10 were Matt Latta, Josh Double, Shane Weaver, Watson, and Mike Pegher, Jr., who moved into second place in the standings.

Justin Tatlow finished 17th and earned the $100 Precise Racing Products “Pedal Down” Hard Charger certificate for passing the most cars. Paul Grigsby was one spot behind in 18th and was the final car on the lead lap and received the Utsinger’s Towing free Hoosier Tire. Brad Kling was chosen as the “The Brake Man” Tough Brake of the Night. Kling was leading his heat race and broke the driveshaft and had other issues that ended his night.

Heat victors were Pegher, Weaver, and Latta. Ryan Montgomery qualified for just his second K&N “Cold Air Induction” Dash and led all four laps for his first win to receive the $100 certificate and 13th place starting spot. Bobby Rohrer was second to earn the $50 K&N certificate, while Randy Wyant and Wendell Pinckney received $25 cash for finishing third and fourth respectively.

Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC Pace Performance FASTRAK Northeast Late Model Touring Series Race #20 (25 laps, $1,200 to-win): 1. CHAD WRIGHT (6) 2. John Over (K2) 3. Max Blair (111) 4. Bryce Davis (94) 5. Andrew Wylie (84) 6. Matt Latta (Bidwell B1D) 7. Josh Double (38) 8. Shane Weaver (Ruffner 325x) 9. Bud Watson (Copeland 98) 10. Mike Pegher, Jr. (Geisler 1c) 11. Will Thomas III (9) 12. Ryan Montgomery (12) 13. Bobby Rohrer (11) 14. Brian Booher (Hoover 00H) 15. Butch Lambert (27) 16. Ben Black (27B) 17. Justin Tatlow (Kratts 81) 18. Paul Grigsby (24) 19. Wendell Pinckney (11) 20. Jamie Brown (135) 21. Randy Wyant (11T) 22. Kevin Decker (07) 23. Brad Blackshear (19) 24. Brad Kling (Powell 100)-DNS.

Heat Winners: Pegher, Weaver & Latta
K&N Cold Air Induction Dash: 1. Ryan Montgomery 2. Bobby Rohrer 3. Randy Wyant 4. Wendell Pinckney
Feature Lap Leaders: Over (1-2), Wright (3-25)
Car Count: 24

Genesis Shocks “Top Dog of the Night”: Chad Wright
Precise Racing Products “Pedal Down” Hard Charger: Justin Tatlow (+5)
Utsinger’s Towing Hoosier Tire Giveaway: Paul Grigsby
Brake Man “Tough Brake of the Night”: Brad Kling

2012 Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC FASTRAK Northeast Late Model Touring Series Results
Date/Track/State/Winner/# of Wins/To-Win Amount/Car Count
April 1 Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex (PA)/Max Blair (1)/$3,000/47
April 20 Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex (PA)/Mike Pegher, Jr. (1)/$1,200/42
May 13 Eriez Speedway (PA)/Max Blair (2)/$1,200/32
May 20 Humberstone Speedway (ON)/Max Blair (3)/$2,000/26
May 26 Sharon Speedway (OH)/Max Blair (4)/$1,500/34
June 8 Dog Hollow Speedway (PA) /Max Blair (5)/$1,200/32 (41 between the 2 nights)
June 16 McKean County Raceway (PA)/Ryan Montgomery (1)/$1,200/24
June 23 Sharon Speedway (OH)/Joe Martin (1)/$2,000/35
July 4 Expo Speedway (OH)/Will Thomas III (1)/$2,000/30
July 5 McKean County Raceway (PA)/Max Blair (6)/$1,200/49
July 6 Raceway 7 (OH)/Max Blair (7)/$1,200/33
July 7 Pittsburgh’s PA Motor Speedway (PA)/Chad Ruhlman (1)/41
July 8 Eriez Speedway (PA)/Matt Latta (1)/22
July 14 Mercer Raceway Park (PA)/Will Thomas III (2)/24
July 21 Sharon Speedway (OH)/Sammy Stile (1)/42
Aug 11 Black Rock Speedway (NY)/Wayne Robertson (1)/32
Aug 16 McKean County Raceway (PA)/Max Blair (8)/39
Aug 18 Sharon Speedway (OH)/Max Blair (9)/31 (5/27/12 make-up)
Aug 18 Sharon Speedway (OH)/Mike Pegher, Jr. (2)/47
Sept 15 Sharon Speedway (OH)/Chad Wright (1)/24

The next races for the Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC Pace Performance FASTRAK Northeast Late Model Touring Series will be at McKean County Raceway this weekend for two complete shows for the first time ever. Friday’s event will pay $1,200 to-win with Saturday’s winner receiving $1,500.

2012 FASTRAK Northeast marketing partners include Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tires, Original Pizza Logs, K&N Filters, The Brake Man, Utsinger’s Towing, Precise Racing Products, Genesis Shocks, VP Fuels, Beyea Custom Headers, H&H Racing Equipment, High Gear Speed Shop, Hyperco, Jake’s Golf Carts, Lincoln Electric, Wrisco Aluminum, and Wylie Race Cars.

You can reach co-directors Vicki Emig and Mike Leone at the FASTRAK Northeast office at 724-964-9300. E-mail to info@fastraknortheast.com and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. The office is open daily late mornings and after 1:30 p.m. For more information, check out the FASTRAK Northeast website at www.fastraknortheast.com. Become our fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fastraknortheast.

###