PDA

View Full Version : 4 bar link ?

huckleberry_hound
09-16-2012, 04:07 PM
We put the left bottom bar in the 4th hole up last night and it snapped the bar into in hot laps. The bottom of the bird cage has a nick in it where it hit it. Has anyone ever had this problem? 05 rocket

AmickRacing
09-16-2012, 05:32 PM
A lot of guys are running a bent LRB bar so there's clearance when the suspension is in full droop

Rayburnt1
09-16-2012, 07:11 PM
First make sure the L.R. drop isn't excessive. Then get the bent lower bar, our car had one when we bought it (Outpace).

HuckleberryB4
09-16-2012, 08:03 PM
You shouldn't need to go over 45 degrees on your left bottom bar. If you are within this spec, then you probably have excessive LR drop. If the drop isn't excessive then you need and bent lower bar to clear.

huckleberry_hound
09-16-2012, 09:46 PM
can someone please explain how to measure the lr drop and what being too excessive will do?

huckleberry_hound
09-16-2012, 09:52 PM
another question concerning the left lower bar....my rocket manual says for cars built with option of running 18 inch left bottom bar,to put in 6th hole when max forward bite is needed. I'm assuming I can do this since I have the shortner bracket on there now? Are they calling the 6th hole on the bottom or top of frame mount? Has anyone tried this to get more forward bite? thanks

Matt49
09-17-2012, 09:49 AM
To measure total drop:
Jack the car up under the driver seat until your chain just starts to live the left rear tire off the ground. Then measure from the top frame rail to the top of the axle tube.

Opinions will vary but I think anything more than 14 inches is too much.

WV_Race_Fan
09-17-2012, 10:21 AM
another question concerning the left lower bar....my rocket manual says for cars built with option of running 18 inch left bottom bar,to put in 6th hole when max forward bite is needed. I'm assuming I can do this since I have the shortner bracket on there now? Are they calling the 6th hole on the bottom or top of frame mount? Has anyone tried this to get more forward bite? thanks

They mean remove the shortener bracket and install the long 18" (bent) rod and put it up in the 6th hole.

If you are running the short LRL bar in the 4th hole and broke it due to clearance issues there is something wrong. It should have came with the bent lower bar. It is needed for the clearance issue.

Proper LR droop is 13-13 1/2" with the short LRU bar and bracket. Long LRU bar 13 1/2"-14". And it is measures at full droop on jack stands from the bottom of the frame to the top of the axle tube.

Hope this helps,

WV Race Fan

huckleberry_hound
09-17-2012, 12:04 PM
wv race fan, I sent you a pm...

huckleberry_hound
09-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I have the shortner bracket on left bottom, has anyone tried the long left bottom bar, does it work better in the slick?

restad4r
09-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Maybe it was just me but I tried the long lower bar in the top hole like rocket said and the car was terrible. I called Anthony at rocket about it and he said they never use that long bar on the bottom link ever and in fact the new setup book doesn't mention it. He also said they always use the shorter top bar as well, which I thought was interesting.

Ant