PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hershey Picks up Best 2012 Finish in Only 2nd MBH Start

prodirtcar32
09-18-2012, 10:10 AM
September 18, 2012

Tyler Hershey records his best finish of the year, in his second MBH start… Winchester 200 up next!

When Tyler Hershey climbed from his new MBH race car this past Saturday night, well-wishers saw a look of excitement mixed with just a touch of sadness in the 21 year olds eyes. The sadness stemming from knowing that the 2012 racing season is winding down just as the Mercersburg, Pennsylvania pilot is getting excited about racing again. After sitting out for over 2 months while the team put the finishing touches on a new race car, Tyler has gotten really comfortable with his car, in a short period of time. In this sport, comfort translates into speed more often than not as indicated with Hershey recording his best finish in over a year, while making only his second start behind the wheel of his family owned, Huey Wilcoxon Mastersbilt.

Hershey Racing unloaded the White/Red/Black JWP Environmental, Inc./Hershey Racing Engines sponsored #74 at Virginia’s Winchester Speedway for the $3,000 to win Winchester 200 qualifier. With a fine field of 33 of the area’s best Super Late Model teams in the pit area, Tyler knew the key to a good night would be in his qualifying run. When the dust settled on time trials, Tyler had knocked off the fourth quickest lap of the night. After finishing 2nd in his competitive heat race, Tyler would roll off 4th on the grid and at one point while running 2nd looked to be reeling in the leader until a miscue with a lapped car moved him back to third in the final run down.

“The car felt great all night, I just wish I wouldn’t have to wait a week to get back in it” said Hershey from the race shop Monday evening. “My dad and the guys work so hard to give me the best equipment they can and it was nice to be able to reward them with a good finish. Huey and Billy have been super to work with and very helpful. I want to congratulate them and Jamie (Lathroum) for their big Lucas Oil win this past weekend. I am honored to be racing one of Huey’s cars and as I learn the car a little better I know I can win a race or two or three” stated Tyler with a laugh.

“I really have to thank my sponsors, crew and fans for standing by me this year. They were always there to help, it never mattered how bad we were running. I appreciate the support, not just from my parents and Jenny but everyone involved. If it was not for Pap, Jon, Dave, Cousin Dave, Chad, Tom, Cameron, and Dane we would have a hard time getting to the races. Those guys help dad and I out so much and they are all valuable to the success of Hershey Racing. We are looking to finish out the year strong, while learning the new car. Our goal is to do what it takes to come out of the box fast in 2013” added the likable college student.

Hershey Racing will head back to Winchester Speedway this Friday & Saturday night for the Winchester 200 weekend presented by Malloy Ford and Ernie D’s Enterprises. There will be two different features on tap paying $3,500 to win Friday and $8,000 on Saturday. Ernie, Connie & Keya Davis have offered a $2,500 bonus if the winner on Saturday is a first time Winchester 200 winner.

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Tyler Hershey news at his official internet home - www.tylerhershey.com

Tyler Hershey Racing would like to thank all the team’s sponsors for their continued support:
Hershey’s Racing Engines, JWP Environmental, Inc., ALH Bookkeeping & Business Services, KRS Motorsports Media, MBH Race Cars, Ramsey’s Septic Service, Fred Design, 340 Defense with associate help from Ernie D’s Enterprises, Keizer Wheels, VP Racing Fuels, HTMA, The Brake Man, Schaeffer Racing Oil, Bell Helmets, WIX Filters, & SignDesign/Bill Funk.

Upcoming Races: -Tentative, Subject to change without notice
September 21st – Winchester Speedway – Winchester 200
September 22nd – Winchester Speedway – Winchester 200
October 5th – Natural Bridge Speedway – Fall Classic
October 6th – Natural Bridge Speedway – Fall Classic
October 19th – Winchester Speedway – Raye Vest Memorial
October 20th – Winchester Speedway – Raye Vest Memorial
October 27th – Hagerstown Speedway – Brawl in the Fall
October 28th – Hagerstown Speedway – Brawl in the Fall

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media